Changing clutch pedal feel while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing clutch pedal feel while driving

I have noticed after having replaced both master and slave cylinders that the car runs fine and pedal feels normal, but once you rev on boost a couple of times it doubles in stiffness and stays so until you get back to normal driving for a qood while.

has anyone any idea what that may be related to?

Have you still got the bomb hydraulic system? I wonder if somehow it has gone wrong in such a way to pressurise your reservoir / brake or clutch master cylinder? No experience of this ever happening, just based on knowing there is a shared fluid reservoir.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance
      Have you still got the bomb hydraulic system? I wonder if somehow it has gone wrong in such a way to pressurise your reservoir / brake or clutch master cylinder? No experience of this ever happening, just based on knowing there is a shared fluid reservoir.
      Vas runs a vacuum brake booster
      I was wondering the same thing, maybe boost pressure getting into the system but no idea why that would make the clutch heavy..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

What are the engine mounts like? If the engine is twisting excessively under high acceleration, the flexible part of the clutch hose may be getting squeezed against something or bent restricting flow. Does the engine move much when revved hard stationary? Just an idea
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

If running the vacuum servo conversion, is it possible for boosted engines to boost into the servo if the 1 way valve has broken? (there is a small round black and yellow valve in my pipework to the servo) Being a normally aspirated driver, I don't know if boosted cars are plumbed in differently...

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
            I have noticed after having replaced both master and slave cylinders that the car runs fine and pedal feels normal, but once you rev on boost a couple of times it doubles in stiffness and stays so until you get back to normal driving for a qood while.

has anyone any idea what that may be related to?
            Replace one way valve to brake booster and add another in series to be sure. BTDT. I've also added a separate reservoir for clutch after problem with clutch pedal not returning all the way when used hard on track.

Comment

I have a vacuum booster and was thinking about the same thing as mentioned above, only couldn't get my head round as to how the systems could be connected.
              I have Alex's kit to fit in the near future but I also have a one way valve to try fitting inline the current one just to test

Clutch lines have been recently replaced as well as cylinders so I'm happy to rule those out.

I'll fit and check. Thanks guys

Comment

I've had the same on a hydrobooost set up, and now on vacuum, I get the same.

A good blast getting it hot up the motorway and the pedal bite point changes to being much lower.

Sometimes the problem stays there until morning, so it is not just heat related.

I'm suspicious the pushrod plastic bobble may be kippered, meaning the slave is over extending itself, allowing air in, or fluid out.

The other reason I'm suspicious of that, is there is a small fluid leak from the Bell housing despite being a new cylinder!
                Just something I live with at the moment, one litre every 6 months...

Comment

1 litre per 6 months is pretty big leak
                  1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                  1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Well, it is less inconvenient than getting to the slave cylinder again.

Comment

Working...
                    X