No announcement yet.

7A clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, yeah, I have had one bad experience with them, but nothing quite on that level!

Comment

see you havent lost your touch with the sarcasm Alex but in the case of Autodoc...its fair representation!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
        So... the wait of up to a week has been bested:

IMG_20201113_161830.jpg
        Impressive stuff, this is the part number:624 0550 00:

IMG_20201113_211137.jpg

Fingers crossed it fits, and works

Will make sure it at least slides onto the gearbox splines at the weekend
        Hi,

Did it fit?

I´m in need of a new one for my 90 20V q and couldn´t find the correct part but this one is much cheaper and ready available!

Comment

Forgot to slip it on the splines, will do so on Friday I reckon, sorry.

Obviously can't check the flywheel fitment without having got the box out of the car, and there was welding to be done on the subframe... so that got priority....

Comment

No worries but please post your results here when you get there mine will do the job for a few more miles.

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Comment

Well this is NG clutch with 228mm friction disc. Will fit, but is a downgrade.

Comment

Thanks _ShurikeN , I'll take a close look when I have the box off, if it is smaller, then it will go back -I do hard launch it, so would rather not just burn up a brand new plate.
                    Last edited by Bowie69; 18 November 2020, 12:04.

Comment

Sorry for being too pessimistic probably, but all 240mm stock clutches for our cars have been out of production for a long time unfortunately.
                      There is no option to just go and buy simple stock flat flywheel clutch kit (7A/3B) off the shelf.
                      There are Sachs racing kits, single items from other audi clutch kits, tuning/rebuild options, used parts, audi tradition opportunities etc.

The closest affordable new off-the-shelf kit is audi A6 2.5 TDi AEL clutch.

Comment

Oh, OK thanks again, will have to look at my options then, come dismantling.

Perhaps the 228mm one will be enough...

Comment

I'm glad I picked up a spare in didn't need a couple of years ago.

The part numbers on that if it helps people search are:

Sachs clutch kit. 4000 459 001 it also has the numbers 3082 937 001 on the box. This is a 240mm friction disc.

Comment

Ours are not torque monsters but will the 228mm do the trick?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                              Sorry for being too pessimistic probably, but all 240mm stock clutches for our cars have been out of production for a long time unfortunately.
                              There is no option to just go and buy simple stock flat flywheel clutch kit (7A/3B) off the shelf.
                              There are Sachs racing kits, single items from other audi clutch kits, tuning/rebuild options, used parts, audi tradition opportunities etc.

The closest affordable new off-the-shelf kit is audi A6 2.5 TDi AEL clutch.
                              Which one will be plug and play? Will the Sachs 3000 723 001 for AEL be the one!?

Comment

OK, so here's a closer look, as I got the gearbox out on Sunday afternoon.... firstly the new cover, with the new plate:

IMG_20201122_183646.jpg

As you can see, a small gap around the outside, slight intrusion around that bolt/pin hole.

IMG_20201122_183547.jpg

Old plate, new cover, you can see the cover and plate are IDENTICAL in diameter. It is a shame about the small intrusions, otherwise I think it would probably take the larger disc under the smaller cover.

Otherwise, the new kit appears to fit fine, so if you need one, and can live with a 12mm downgrade, go for it.

From the parts I took off I found this part number on a quite burnt looking sticker:

1862 809 001

This is a SACHS part number, on a plate with an LUK stamp in it, are they the same company now? Sachs appears to be ZF, and LUK Schaeffer group, sigh, so hard to keep up. Probably all owned by autodoc by now.

Then you can cross-reference on Autodoc to: 324 0052 10, and you have to sit down for the price.

I've submitted an enquiry to a local place that reline the plate and can rebuild the cover, will see what sort of price they come back with, may be an option.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X