Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 S6 manual conversion

Morning guys

MRC have told me they cant map my S6 auto because the box doesnt like the extra torque, was looking to manual swap the car down the line anyway but this has pushed it forwards in the calendar..

Wanted to ask - what are my options for the conversion? (2.2 20VT AAN with 4WD)

And by any chance does someone have a good condition box for sale here in the UK?

Cheers
    Max

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You probably already know but converting a car like that to manual is not an easy undertaking, perfectly doable but it's surprising how many parts are different.

As for gearbox options there actually a few depending on how many complication's you're prepared to have to deal with.

For OE a manual 01E is what your after, probably a CRB.

Have a read of this thread...

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...6-gearbox-swap
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

There was a guy who had an auto mtm upgraded s6 , In nogaro blue , that he used to take on track at castle Combe, it was running around 300 brake , I don’t think he had a problem with his auto box at all ?
      sigpic
      Cab 2.3E
      90q
      URS6

Comment

Originally posted by slacky View Post
        There was a guy who had an auto mtm upgraded s6 , In nogaro blue , that he used to take on track at castle Combe, it was running around 300 brake , I don’t think he had a problem with his auto box at all ?
        Oh really thats interesting

Maybe worth me reaching out to MTM to find out if they do an autospecific chip then

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
          You probably already know but converting a car like that to manual is not an easy undertaking, perfectly doable but it's surprising how many parts are different.

As for gearbox options there actually a few depending on how many complication's you're prepared to have to deal with.

For OE a manual 01E is what your after, probably a CRB.

Have a read of this thread...

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...6-gearbox-swap
          Thanks - will have a read tonight once the baby is asleep!

Comment

I’m sure he was on here , but he’s sold the car a year or so back, so doesn’t come on here anymore ?
            and I can’t remember his name on here ?,
            his name is Chris ….
            But I’ll see if I can possibly message via Facebook ?
            sigpic
            Cab 2.3E
            90q
            URS6

Comment

Originally posted by slacky View Post
              I’m sure he was on here , but he’s sold the car a year or so back, so doesn’t come on here anymore ?
              and I can’t remember his name on here ?,
              his name is Chris ….
              But I’ll see if I can possibly message via Facebook ?
              Any info at all would be super helpful, appreciate it mate

Comment

chris comments about his own car here ….

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...04605187805779
                sigpic
                Cab 2.3E
                90q
                URS6

Comment

Originally posted by Mzx944 View Post
                  Oh really thats interesting

Maybe worth me reaching out to MTM to find out if they do an autospecific chip then

MTM did do a chip set for the Auto ECU along with a chip(s) for the Autobox controller itself, they are used in conjunction with each other.

It may be worth reaching out to them to see if they can still supply something along those lines.

I keep meaning to get in touch with them myself to see if they have a copy of the original paperwork for my car's conversion, I have the Audi documentation for it but it would be nice to have all the information for the history file.

Comment

I contacted MTM and they do not do the Tcu upgrade anymore, I have an auto URS6 and have been searching for a while for it, PRJ used to do his own, but told me he no longer does them,
                    I have a MTM chipped ecu on mine what I sourced, which is an auto ecu, it has on the chips 264ps AT, if you do get it chipped, go easy from a standing start, once rolling open the taps, as that’s what kills the slush box
                    ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2spike View Post
                      I contacted MTM and they do not do the Tcu upgrade anymore, I have an auto URS6 and have been searching for a while for it, PRJ used to do his own, but told me he no longer does them,
                      I have a MTM chipped ecu on mine what I sourced, which is an auto ecu, it has on the chips 264ps AT, if you do get it chipped, go easy from a standing start, once rolling open the taps, as that’s what kills the slush box
                      Yeah i got in touch with MTM and seems they only do the ECU now.. and also wanted me to send me ECU out to them

Looks like Im stuck with stock power for now til i can get more info on the manual swap or I find someone with chipped motor and trans boards for sale

Comment

Well at least MTM got back to you, though I'd also be frustrated that they can only do the ECU now, I'd have no problems sending them my ECU, their software for Motronic is superb. So if you can tolerate the down time perhaps that's an option along with taking it easy on the box as s2spike suggests, not ideal but better than nothing.

The conversion on my RS2 use's a huge K27 compressor, it barely clears the EM, yet my car has considerably less lag than a stock example and is super smooth with a huge midrange, it's fantastic to drive. In a different league altogether compered to a stock example and even better again than the excellent 'Hoffer' chip set I was running with full RS2 spec in my 3B and that made Porsches efforts with a K74 7200 look pathetic.

Right, I really must email them.

Comment

Working...
                        X