Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 S6 auto accelerator pedal

Hi guys

The accelerator/gas pedal on my S6 auto has fallen to pieces after what looks like a bodged repair from the previous owner, from what i can see it looks like they come hinged from factory i.e theres a pivot and spring on the pedal itself where your foot makes contact, as well as the whole metal arm that its attatched to being able to move to actually provide acceleration... (hope this makes sense?)

I'm assuming its purely just for comfort so your foot/ankle is in a more natural position but with that said, is there any harm in temporarily fixing it so thats its permanently flat (i.e no more pivot/movement on the pedal itself) for now until I get a replacement? Unfortunately thats the only way I can secure it for the time being

Or will that cause issues with the auto/sports mode kick down and various other sensors I may be unaware of?

Thanks
    Max

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I put two wood screws through mine about 100K miles ago, and had no side effects, or desire to try and find what is unicorn poo.

Comment

If you want to keep the articulation, drill two small holes and thread a cable tie from behind. Works a treat.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
        If you want to keep the articulation, drill two small holes and thread a cable tie from behind. Works a treat.
        This is what I did with mine

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X