Verkline gearbox mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verkline gearbox mounts

Looking for opinions on Verkline gearbox mounts, particularly interested in UrS4 and UrS6 mounts. Maybe someone here has them installed, what's the vibration and noise like? I'm looking at red ones in street hardness but have heard stories of them being too soft?

I installed these and went back to OEM mounts, too much vibration and noise for my liking. If car is a daily I wouldn't go away from OEM.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
      I installed these and went back to OEM mounts, too much vibration and noise for my liking. If car is a daily I wouldn't go away from OEM.
      Are they for sale

Regards

Jase.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post

Are they for sale

Regards

Jase.
        Long sold mate, we're talking back when it was known as AK Motorsport.
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Don't right off all poly mounts/bushes the ones which are designed to be used on the the street as opposed to on a track car are great, though to be honest I've never tried any gearbox mounts as have alway replaced these with OE parts.

I have some red Verkline subframe bushes that And10V throw in with a load of other random parts I had when I purchased his old block and a couple of cylinder heads The red ones are very hard, in fact they're almost solid so I can imagine they wern't very plesant as gearbox mounts, I expect the vibration was really quite noticable!

Good old Andy, who was on here all the time around between 2012 and 2017 if not a bit later. I've sorted the one box of bushes he gave and there's enough in there to rebush most of B3 project along with some I have knocking about.
          Last edited by K Simmonds; 11 October 2023, 12:34.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
            Don't right off all poly mounts/bushes the ones which are designed to be used on the the street as opposed to on a track car are great, though to be honest I've never tried any gearbox mounts as have alway replaced these with OE parts.

I have some red Verkline subframe bushes that And10V throw in with a load of other random parts I had when I purchased his old block and a couple of cylinder heads The red ones are very hard, in fact they're almost solid so I can imagine they wern't very plesant as gearbox mounts, I expect the vibration was really quite noticable!

Good old Andy, who was on here all the time around between 2012 and 2017 if not a bit later. I've sorted the one box of bushes he gave and there's enough in there to rebush most of B3 project along with some I have knocking about.
            I had the red ones and yeah, they were quite bad
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Yeah, the red subframe ones I've got are pretty much as solid as alloy, so provide no vibration damping at all... I'm going to use them on the rear subframe as I have six pairs (they're two piece) which obviously isn't enough for both the frames. The project is supposed to be a budget job using up old parts I have in stock where I can but I think I'll spend £100 on a set of Superflex black ones for the front subframe as I know they're perfect. I used them on my S2 to replace solid alloy ones the pervious owner fitted and I think it was one of the best things I did to get the car to handle nicely, that and getting rid of the H&R's and putting a really tidy set of stocks springs onto replace them...

I have a large tub full of good OE engine and gearbox mounts and will be using them where required.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Superflex poly mounts, I have their subframe mounts on my S2 and my Ur.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                  I'm a big fan of Superflex poly mounts, I have their subframe mounts on my S2 and my Ur.
                  Yeah me too, their just the right density for the road and really easy to fit, great quaity as well. I think I may still have a set somewhere now I've thought about them.

Comment

Working...
                  X