Oh ****** - New Clutch Required :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
    Are these Genuine Audi? I have been quoted £150 for the Audi one.

Steve.
    these are aftermarket units, some are made by the OEM ( original equipment manufacturer) others are made by suppliers to the same spec but cheaper, some are just rubbish.

Look at them before you buy and make your own mind up...

David

Comment

Genuine Audi it is then...

Cheers David.

Steve.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I believe German & Swedish supply Boge slave cylinders for our application. These are OE and are identical to the items already fitted. You can always ask them to confirm before purchasing. Some items aren't worth trying to save a few £££s on - water pump, etc. While other parts are just as good and half the price
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I wish i had had four weeks driving out of mine in the last six months! LOL
          Dont worry about it! It'll be back on the road soon m8
          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

CLUTCH

I strongly recommend a Sachs clutch kit than Luk. Luk are 90% re-con.
            and can come from factorys around the world. check their website.
            Sachs only come from germany and they make uprated and racing
            clutches for S2 / RS2.
            happy shopping
            RS2 MTM

Comment

Re: CLUTCH

Originally posted by charlie
              I strongly recommend a Sachs clutch kit than Luk. Luk are 90% re-con.
              and can come from factorys around the world.
              Bull**** std clutch kit for S2 is make by LuK. They dont use re-con clutches in new cars.

Ask SteveH about his Sachs clutch from his S2. That was a sachs cover plate, with an LuK friction plate.

Luk is good stuff use it all the time at work.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I have been quoted 90 quid for the S2 master cylinder as the link shaft on mine hasnt snapped, but the coupling in the shaft is damaged and kinks when i press the pedal, has been doing this for months but is gettin worse.
                On ETKA there is 2 master cylinders, one for all coupe quattro models and a separate one for the ABY S2, the standard one is easy to get but the ABY one is lookin like dealer part only £££££££££££££££££
                Graham
                Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Cheers guys. I have left it up to Autopool to sort out. With a bit of luck I might have my baby back by the end of the month....
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Getting my car back tonight! I will report on my general impressions of the place, but so far they have been excellent over the phone!

The bill sounds SCARY though

Cheers,

Steve.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Graham
                      I have been quoted 90 quid for the S2 master cylinder as the link shaft on mine hasnt snapped, but the coupling in the shaft is damaged and kinks when i press the pedal, has been doing this for months but is gettin worse.
                      On ETKA there is 2 master cylinders, one for all coupe quattro models and a separate one for the ABY S2, the standard one is easy to get but the ABY one is lookin like dealer part only £££££££££££££££££
                      Graham
                      Graham, what does the shaft look like? A mate does engineering work and I'm sure that he could help make a new shaft etc. give me a description. He may be able to machine something in a couple of days if you could post it to him.

Steve, glad your car is coming back, if you wanted cheap motoring you would have a Citroen ZX diesel....

Tom, lots of manufacturers have a recondition division luk is one of them.

David

Comment

Working...
                      X