Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help fitting 100Q DGW/DEW gearbox on s2 3b!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fitting 100Q DGW/DEW gearbox on s2 3b!

Hi need some help.

I broke my 3b gearbox i while a go. Then i got the car transported to a garage that fixes gearboxes. However his price for reparing my S2 gearbox was hi, so instead he said he compaired the part numbers and found this gearbox and repair it instead. It is a 5 speed gearbox from a audi a4 '96 quattro with, the code on the gearbox is either DGW. However he calls me up and say that the standard cluth for 3b and this gearbox wont fit. My cluth was bad to so he order a new one.

However now he claims that the old clutch and my flywhell is modified. But my old broken gearbox was a standard S2 3b gearbox, and i know for a fact that the flywhell i standard. So perhaps the clutch was strengthen somehow.

Well back yo my question, does a audi a4 '96 Quattro DGW gearbox fit on a 3b engine with standard clutch. If no, how can i fit it and what do i tell him to do..... So if anybody has any inputs iam open for suggestions.

/Jonas
    Last edited by Jonas_R; 16 March 2004, 09:11.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Hi jonas,
    at the moment but i will try and contact him for you.
    What year is the Audi 100? Is it the old A6. Try and get the part no.
    for the clutch etc. Happy hunting
    RS2 MTM

Comment

One more thing, i think that my repair has used some old pars from my s2 gearbox and then some parts from the DGW gearbox.

Part number for the new clutch:
      3 pieces:
      034-141-032M - clutch hub
      035-141-118X
      1E-141-165B

My old gearbox was an ARV? Standard 3b gearbox right?

Partnumber for Gearbox:
      The gearbox code is DGW
      It is from a Audi A4 Quattro from 1996.

Can you tell me the following:
      Does the audi s2 3B flywhell have springs inplanted or is just an ordinary fly whell?

My old clutch had the following par number:
      Seems that is from a 200TQ
      Anybody that knows the rest of the part number clutch pressure foot.
      034-141-032L - clutch hub

Anybody that can help me with identifying and solving this problem? Cuz my repair can get the gearbox and new clutch to fit together

/Jonas
      Last edited by Jonas_R; 16 March 2004, 09:12.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

A4 quattro box WILL physically bolt up to the 3B engine and use a standard 3B clutch, but Audi have cunningly relocated the mounting points on the A4 unit. The A4 mounting point is underneath the box, while the 3B is left and right.

Siena

Comment

Working...
        X