issues bleeding up clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues bleeding up clutch

i hace just replaced the clutch master following the squeak and snap common to aby

i used a crappy ecp part that wasn't quite right on the threads. i managed to get it to work until i have a proper one but after bleeding the clutch with the pressure bleeder i now get good flow of fluid but the pedal drops and then has around w2 inch of pressure like they are when the piston bends.

any ideas on this.

the piston on the master looks to move nice and straight and it had a good bleed.

does the screw on bit have to be set in a certain position when fitting to the pedal?

could it be a slave or clutch problem

cheers in advance

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
    i hace just replaced the clutch master following the squeak and snap common to aby

i used a crappy ecp part that wasn't quite right on the threads. i managed to get it to work until i have a proper one but after bleeding the clutch with the pressure bleeder i now get good flow of fluid but the pedal drops and then has around w2 inch of pressure like they are when the piston bends.

any ideas on this.

the piston on the master looks to move nice and straight and it had a good bleed.

does the screw on bit have to be set in a certain position when fitting to the pedal?

could it be a slave or clutch problem

cheers in advance

I had same prob with mine and turned out to be slave cylinder and its a nightmare to get to on the ABY, also have you tryed bleeding the slave as its unlikely but poss. that air has managed to get to the slave cylinder?

Lukas
    The fun starts at the turn of a key
    Quattro power here we go!!

1993 ABY S2 coupe,

Comment

any advances on this.

how can i tell if the slave is gone.

never done these on an audi only a corrado.

Comment

If you have over tightened the nut that attached the rod to the master clutch this stops its return and can give that sticky feeling.

if no pressure after a full bleed then may well be the slave ... use a dentist mirror to see whats where ...

S2 Avant ABY

Comment

ill look at loosening it a turn.

its too snowy round ehre at present though.

ordered a slave from vagparts just in case.

i can se some wet spots around the slave. maybe its leaking.

Comment

Working...
          X