Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gearbox removal guide leaving engine alone... (Thanks Aelred)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the idea was doing both at the same time, clutch and rods, but from your words I understand that's not an issue.

Cheers

Comment

Yup once the engine is out you can do your rods etc easily, fit the new clutch to the engine and then stick it back in the car, no need to remove the gearbox.
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Aye, gearbox weighs the best part of 100kg so make sure you're prepared (and get some mates to help!).
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I remove my 6 speed last night blood hell there heavy be carefull getting it out 3 of us lifted mine out on your own will be tricky

Comment

hi all
            having read the above (super/tks) but still experiencing difficulties in getting out/down the gearbox (for clutch change), i would like to know if it is a pull or push clutch system in an Audi S2?
            cheers :-)

Comment

01E clutch activation

Originally posted by ddo View Post
              ... i would like to know if it is a pull or push clutch system in an Audi S2?
              ???

The clutch pedal pushes on the clutch master cylinder which moves fluid in hydraulic lines to the clutch slave cylinder which then pushes its piston arm out into the clutch operating arm which pushes onto the throw out bearing which pushes on the springs in the clutch pressure plate, which takes the pressure off the clutch disc and disengages the engine from the transmission.

No pull anywhere in that discussion.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/24719.phtml
              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

It is a PUSH clutch. The throwout bearing pushes the pressure plate which disengages the clutch.

Comment

Honest question..

Neither of you have obviously ever worked on Peugeots haha.
                  1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Working...
                  X