Clutch pedal, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal, please help!

Just fitting my new clutch MC, its all gone in fine and bolted up etc, but now, whatever i do, when i depress the clutch pedal, it just sinks straight to the floor and stays there.

Ive adjusted the screwed bar on the MC to each extreme, and it still does it.
    Any ideas or suggestions?

Im really starting to loose any kind of love for this car at the moment.

Have you bled the system properly? Might be worth doing so again.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

surely i cant bleed it with the pedal like it is, its impossible to pump the pedal!

take it it needs to be done with a pressure bleeding kit then?

Comment

You just have to pump the pedal by hand.. it's a bit of a workout pushing it in/out. It will firm up suddenly when the air is out of the system, and yes a bleed kit would make life easier! I used mark_s2 instead
        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Clutch feels awful after new Master cylinder

hi all,

just fitted a new genuine clutch master cylinder to my ABY 6spd.

Bled it through a complete eazibleed resevoir with engine switched off.

Then tried it out when stationary, and had to adjust the screwed bar on the MC to fully out, otherwise the pedal just stays down.

Now, having just taken it for a drive, the clutch feels terrible, does nothing for the first half of travel, its hard to get into gear unless you weld your foot to the bulkhead, and the bite point is really low.

Any ideas

Comment

i pressure bled it, still hit the floor until i adjusted the pedal, theres very little thread left on the bar now though, which i know isnt right, and the bite point is right at the bottom of the pedal travel:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37907

Quite fed up now

Comment

Sounds like its still got air in the system.

Did you blead everything or just the MC and clutch?
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

i only bled from the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder, is there another one, or is it worth doing the brakes as well?

Comment

Threads have been merged

Comment

I'd do all the brakes if I was you.

btw seem to remember someone commenting to have the hand brake off when doing this, good luck

Comment

The clutch system is pretty much self bleeding, you just open the valve and let it pour down, then just do the regular procedure as you always do, always be 2 ppl, or preferably 3, one under the car (Pelle) , one doing nothing just checking the oil (Andreas) and one doing all the labour (Me)
                      2004 9-5 aero
                      2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
                      1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
                      3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

Discovered the problem.

It was my lack of patience!
                        Bled 2 litres through to make sure, tweaked the pedal adjustment and all is well in s2 world (well, sort of, even with roose hoses my boost leak has popped up to say hello lol)

Thanks for the help and advice people, as always, much apreciated.

Comment

tweaked the pedal adjustment? My clutch also bits very low on the pedal, what adjustment did you do?
                          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by prosty View Post
                            The clutch system is pretty much self bleeding, you just open the valve and let it pour down, then just do the regular procedure as you always do, always be 2 ppl, or preferably 3, one under the car (Pelle) , one doing nothing just checking the oil (Andreas) and one doing all the labour (Me)

LMAO

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                              tweaked the pedal adjustment? My clutch also bits very low on the pedal, what adjustment did you do?
                              the MC conncets to the clutch pedal via a threaded bar that screws into a u-shaped braket on the pedal. The bar has a nut moulded into it that can be twisted adjusting where the pedal sits and at what point of the travel it pushes the MC (if that makes sense?)

Comment

Working...
                              X