JHM solid shifter 034MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHM solid shifter 034MS

What have you guys that have one donne for the reverse lock out on the 6speed box???
    Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

have been thinking about getting one of these as mine has had its day now, was it easy to fit? sorry no help to you but let me no what they are like

Comment

Ye really easy to fit, gear change feels fantastic but there is no reverse lock out on it, will sort something out soon for it though before shes back on the road dont want to go from 2nd to reverse at a junction do i now.

Best thing if you are un sure is just to order it!!! lol 100% good!

Comment

ok may just do that let me no how you get round the lock prob,

Comment

In the progress of ordering one now, could you keep us posted if you find a way to do the reverse lock out?
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

I will resolve it i just need time!

Comment

Any progress on the reverse lock out?
              /Thomas
              RS2-94

Comment

Would be great to have a solution for the reverse lockout.

I however also am going to cut a piece out of the shaft and reweld it, since even in the longest setting the throw is VERY short in my RS2.

Comment

Aventus,

Would you be able to post any photos of the before and after of the mechanism so that we can appreciate what the issues are ?

Thanks.
                  Last edited by macspring; 2 February 2012, 14:38.

Comment

I'm sure the old vagparts method for reverse lockout for the billzcat original kits should be transferable to these kits, unfortunately all the old links and pictures have gone down with the vagparts domain.

Comment

I've got the JHM solid shifter on my B5 A4 5-speed. The car is a 1.8tqm but the tranny was from a 2.8q for the longer gearing. I had it installed about 2 months ago after a track event that had me missing more than several shifts from a UUC SSK. I absolutely love it and no more missed shifts. On Da Green Monstah I have a CRB 6-speed and I have an Apikol SSK and a shortened shift lever that I also love. The JHM has not come close to going into reverse when shifting on the upper gears.

Hap, wit dakine shifty gears not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                        Would you be able to post any photos of the before and after of the mechanism so that we can appreciate what the issues are ?

Thanks.
                        No problem, will do

I'm guessing it needs around 2cm of shaft length removed to be a normal amount of
                        throw. The thing about 15% to 40% shorter is a complete lie. Not that I've installed it to the longest setting, it stil is around 3x shorter throw then normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                          I'm sure the old vagparts method for reverse lockout for the billzcat original kits should be transferable to these kits, unfortunately all the old links and pictures have gone down with the vagparts domain.
                          This possibly could be of help.
                          http://www.034motorsport.com/01a-sho...tall-a-17.html
                          Austin
                          1992 urs4 1991 200 20v avant 1990 90q 20v

Comment

Just bought this JHM short shifter from 034motorsports and been trying to install it. Shifts like a charm and incredibly short... unfortunately, the instructions http://www.034motorsport.com/01a-sho...tall-a-17.html on installing the reverse lockout do not apply in here since the casing is round and the edges are too short for drilling. Any other suggestions?

Stock shifter on the right and JHM shifter on the left

Last edited by alexyeh; 4 August 2012, 02:07.

Comment

JHM / 034 should be reading this thread. Act on the customer feedback and design and incorporate a reverse lock out feature in a revised version of the kit, and also make kit with more travel adjustment and they they’d sell loads more of the kit.

Should be too hard for them compared to all of us having to re-invent the wheel, or not bother to buy the kit.

Please use this post as a petition to them to see what they can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X