No announcement yet.

Clutch gearbox ABY 90q conversion questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cooler are you using for 400 hp. Where's it going with the limited room

Comment

I'm using an RS2 intercooler and crossmember, AFAIK the bumper will have to be butchered and the cooler will stick out the bottom grille in order to make everything fit....
      Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 Tdi (140PS)
      Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 16v
      2 x Audi URS4 2.2 20v Turbo
      Audi 100 (C3) Quattro 2.2 10v Turbo
      Audi 100 (C3) 2.2 10v Turbo (Auto)
      Audi 200 (C3) 2.1 10v Turbo - Scrapped
      2 x Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 1.8 8v - Scrapped

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Yes 3B & ABY shafts are the same
        Thanks mate!
        Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 Tdi (140PS)
        Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 16v
        2 x Audi URS4 2.2 20v Turbo
        Audi 100 (C3) Quattro 2.2 10v Turbo
        Audi 100 (C3) 2.2 10v Turbo (Auto)
        Audi 200 (C3) 2.1 10v Turbo - Scrapped
        2 x Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 1.8 8v - Scrapped

Comment

Reviving an old thread. I have an 01E 6spd I want to put into my 1990 CQ. I have an ABY front section prop shaft and I will be using a 7A flywheel and 7A style clutch and no spacer between engine and tranny.

My question is. Will the ABY front section prop shaft be long enough while not using the tranny to engine spacer?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, it must be.

Comment

So you guys in Europe that are swapping in 3b/7a flywheels and clutches into 6 speed ABY/ADU cars are removing the spacer and not having to change your propshaft at all?

Comment

Also don’t forget about the dowels if your using them they also need shortening otherwise your gearbox won’t bolt together had this problem about 3 years ago propshaft don’t need changing

Comment

OK cool, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Holliday06877 View Post
                    So you guys in Europe that are swapping in 3b/7a flywheels and clutches into 6 speed ABY/ADU cars are removing the spacer and not having to change your propshaft at all?
                    That may be partially correct. Removing spacer is not about just moving gearbox forward but about moving both engine and transmission. 01E instead of 01A normally needs 27mm shorter propshaft. In theory there is some play in engine and transmission mounts, allowing you to move motor forward and rear differential backward staying with long propshaft, some people told they did it. But I would prefer propshaft shortening and rebalancing.

Comment

Working...
                    X