Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox swap CGR to CBL

Question time guys,

is the gearbox from a 1997 urs6 with code CBL ok to put in my 1995 coupe code CGR.

My coupe has a noisy and notchy 1st and I have the s6 box as a spare.

1, are the ratios the same.

2, are the parts that are s2 specific interchangeable with the s6 box,

3, AAN dual mass or ABY, I have the AAN flywheel and am going to purchase a clutch, do I ditch the spacer and go with the AAN or stick with stock (350-380hp goal).

any btdt's cant seem to find any.

Cheers

Andy.
    ruby red, aby coupe

Why dont you put the CRB from the RS2. It is better

Comment

Originally posted by spyros80 View Post
      Why dont you put the CRB from the RS2. It is better
      Better how?

1997 S6 and RS2 should both have flexible mainshaft + wide 1st gear, all gear ratios are identical.

CGR->CBL 6th gear ratio changes from 0.71 to 0.73, rest of it should be identical. Small enough difference, so i would not be bothered by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
        Better how?

1997 S6 and RS2 should both have flexible mainshaft + wide 1st gear, all gear ratios are identical.

CGR->CBL 6th gear ratio changes from 0.71 to 0.73, rest of it should be identical. Small enough difference, so i would not be bothered by it.
        Agreed, late S6's have wide first gear and flexible shaft like the CRB and late CGR's.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
          Agreed, late S6's have wide first gear and flexible shaft like the CRB and late CGR's.
          I wouldn't be so sure about that (105J = wide, not flexible; 105H = wide and flexible) as per this info for a 1997 UrS6 (S6plus DGU got the 105H) Make sure that you check the transmission code before assuming what is inside.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Not assuming, just what ive read in the past, anyway answering the OP's question, yes.

Comment

is there an easy way to see if it is a CBL gear box with wide, not flexible or wide and flexible

Comment

Flexible first gear shaft info

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                The late (97) UrS transmission codes are DPG (5spd with 0.76:1 (28/37) 5 th) and DPH (6 spd with 0.73:1 6th). Both have the 01E311105J main shaft (with integral 1st gear) (with the "J" being the key point). The 105J mainshaft has the wider first gear but it is NOT flexible. The flexible mainshaft with the wider first gear is the 01E311105H, the main shaft in the CRB from the RS2 and a few others.

As an interesting note, when you cross-reference the 01E311105J wider first gear/non-flexible mainshaft, it pulls up many of our UrS cars but ALSO the RS4. Apparently Audi didn't think the flexible shaft was necessary for 450 hp.

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/01E/ind1.html
                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
                X