Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Guys,

I am about to install an S2 5 speed gearbox into my old Audi 90 Quattro B2.. The issue I have is with the speedometer where as the original one is cable operated and the S2 is electronic.

Is there a converter available to convert it from electronic to cable (signal??) ?

Thanks
    Life is a rollercoaster

Have you pulled the electronic sender out of the box? You may find the cable will fit.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
      Have you pulled the electronic sender out of the box? You may find the cable will fit.
      Thanks for that. have not pulled it out yet so will try it
      Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

The housing with cable sender from B2 gearbox can be moved to S2 gearbox and drives the B2 speedo. I know somebody local who has done this so can get more details if required.

I will have to guide you through getting things like RPM and other signals from 3B loom into the B2 wiring.
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Paul,

If you could get the details for me that would be wonderful and very helpful. Once I have the loom and fitting takes place I will get in touch with yourself regarding the RPM.

Many thanks
          Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

i'm interested in hearing how the speedo cable will fit, only difference is i'll have a 6 speed box and have heard this needs drilling.

Comment

Working...
            X