Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN clutch in ABY

is this possible??....

I understand the only difference is a 10mm sleeve missing out of the kit for an AAN southbend version. It can't be that easy surely....(i know don't call me shirley...)

The difference in price is mad....$350 less than an ABY version...

Mike

Wasn't this covered by rwd19t earlier this month?

Comment

i don't know, i thought he had an AAN so why would he need to fit a clutch to an ABY??....i could be wrong, often am...
      Last edited by europeanme; 23 August 2011, 13:22. Reason: insufficient detail

Comment

It was in your thread http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53266

Originally posted by RWD19T
        You can use an AAN flywheel but it is a slightly different clutch and you need to loose the spacer ring to the gearbox.
        in other words ABY and AAN clutch are different and not compatible

Comment

well there you go....forgetfullness already and I've not even reached 40...yet!!....

having re-read my old thread there is still some debate over whether it can be done..
          it appears that you just need to remove the 10mm spacer and roberts your mothers brother...fits a ADU flywheel...

Comment

and shorter bolts possibly,(like putting a 3b fw on an aby) nasty things happen if you try tightening the longer bolts up,lol

Comment

the aan duel mass is thinner than a aby/adu flywheel, btdt. No spacer required.

Comment

I've just noticed i have missed some crucial info on the posting title...that should read AAN clutch in ABY/ADU flywheel

idiot i am...

I should read my own stuff properly....so a clutch kit for a AAN will fit an ADU flywheel with minimal agro...

Comment

Working...
                X