No announcement yet.

How much clutch pedal travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for reference I didn't notice any difference in pedal feel after fitting the 6 speed box and slave cylinder on my CQ. So the piston ratios must be roughly the same.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Having compared them side by side, there's very little difference the parts, it's just the linkage and method used to hold all the gubbins inside the body that appears to be different, as it's a larger thread where it attaches to the pedal fork. I wasn't able to take the ABY item apart and so wasn't able to directly compare piston sizes.

One method to fix it all up would be to make a simple extension piece from some 10mm diameter bar and either glue or thread it on to the rod in place of the Audi rubber. As it's always under compression, it doesn't have to be that amazing and could even be glued in place. Put an M8 thread on the other end and some flats so it can be held when tightening and adjusting it all and you're away. I've not made these up as they would require the MC to be removed to have the surgery on them but it would be a very simple part to have made.

IMO, the problem is not with the design of the rubber linkage but with the manufacture, as it would appear that the same linkage does just fine on the 3B item but the 6 speed items break all the time... mine's lasted <30k miles FFS!
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Hi Guys

a couple of pics of the Master Cylinder does it look bad to you, is this the cause of my problem?

Comment

anyone know the pt no for link that attaches to the clutch pedal for the 3b master cylinder???? iv just bought one to replace my aby cylinder and the link is to big for the thread on the 3b one.

Comment

Working...
          X