ideas dsg-box in urquattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas dsg-box in urquattro

im building a urquattro for 4wd drifting right now, aiming at 800hp, im going to use a 01e 6spd box for now, but it would be cool to use a dsg-box later, is there any box from maybe rs5 or something that can handle the torque or be rebuilt to handle all the torque from my engine? im guessing that the flange of the dsg(or is it s-tronic?) from one of the longitual mounted boxes is the same as 01e, fitting a dsg box purely fysical would probably be the easiest of the operations, guessing that it will be harder to tune the box and make it compable with my nira ecu is the big problem.

it would be supernice to have full-boost all the time during gearchanges and would be easier to change gears when drifting, instead of hitting the revlimit all the time just shift gears without any turbolag crazy idea maybe, but someones got to try right?

Interesting idea, im guessing the electronics will be the hard bit! Good luck!
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Don't the DSG boxes talk to the OEM ecu? think that's the biggest issue don't know how easily that can be overcome. Need some serious schematics!

Comment

yea i guess it will, right now im still in the is-it-possible stage, if there is a gearbox strong enough.. ive heard about a guy in my town with a turboed golf with dsg, from what ive heard it has around 540hp, so if theres a box in a golf that handles decent power, audi must have a strong gearbox too..

electronics will be a hard nut to crack but im goin g to try to talk to the guy in the golf, 540hp from a former na-engine,i guess cant use the org ecu so he must have fixed it somehow..

Comment

oem ecu i meant, thinking in swedish and writing english isnt so easy

Comment

Dont bother it wont last.

Contact Kai at KRB and get a fully sequential 01E for less than 10,000 euros
            Chef

Comment

too much torque i guess?

Comment

What box is in the V10 bi-turbo RS6? Is that DSG?
                Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by x6rs View Post
                  too much torque i guess?
                  There just really not built for it.

Maybe something from a Audi R8 but then your better off buying the KRB one
                  Chef

Comment

AFAIK the DSG ECU is intrinsically linked to the engine ECU(s). As James said, surely a sequetial dog-box is the way to go?
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

yea sure it would be much easier just to throw in a seq 01e, but it would be nice to have paddles on the steering wheel and not loose any bust at all during gearchanges, why use a seq box when an oem 01e with a shortshift kit works good too?

Comment

again, my writing sucks, boost not bust

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
                          What box is in the V10 bi-turbo RS6? Is that DSG?
                          It is actually a prepped but old school six-speed tiptronic (09E) in the RS6
                          S2 Avant SleeperWagon 570hv and 765nm on 2,2bar/E85

Comment

yea sure it would be much easier just to throw in a seq 01e, but it would be nice to have paddles on the steering wheel and not loose any bust at all during gearchanges, why use a seq box when an oem 01e with a shortshift kit works good too?
                            It would be a barrel box so just up or down shifts no H and you could buy a paddle kit if you really wanted.

I am afraid there is not cheap or cheats way of doing this trust me I have looked. I went with the KRB box
                            Chef

Comment

I think it would be reasonably easy to set up some paddles to trigger a shift solenoid on a sequential box. Then you could just get the ECU mapped with flat-shift trigger
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X