No announcement yet.

Clutch flexihose problem - Check yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have ordered the replacement flexi and hardline assy from Ben. £50ish for the right part is a no brainer IMO...
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis...s-p-21885.html

Posted just for reference to see what 034 do.

Comment

that 034 hose won't work on the 6spd it will get in the way of the linkage

The OEM hose is a stainless braid under the rubber sheath, its a very good qualty part actually.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
          I have ordered the replacement flexi and hardline assy from Ben. £50ish for the right part is a no brainer IMO...
          Sounds good

Fit and forget.
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I forgot to update this. A new flexi hose arrived courtesy of Ben (S2Avant) last Tuesday and was fitted in approx 2 hours that evening. Refitting was fairly easy, just two fittings, then a pressure bleed. The first bleed was unsuccessful as I had left the clutch pedal on the floor so only have the master cylinder had fluid in it. Pulled pedal back up to the floor and bled with approximately 3/4 of a pint of new fluid, probably a little over kill but I no now longer have to worry about whether my clutch pedal is going to go to the floor when I get in the car.

Clutch is now light and progressive with a smooth action.

Shame now that one of my HID ballasts seems to have gone intermittent...

My S2 is on the road again for the summer.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X