• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manufactured by isambard kingdom brunel
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
      Have you got any info or pictures of your linkage?
      I don't mate I'm afraid, but I'll sort some out when I have it off next, probably after Christmas now
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

If you could that would be great, I want to get some rise joints to make some rear control arms so it might belie easier to get some for the linkage at the same time.
        96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
        96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Coolio
          Just so you know its a load of work to do it to the linkage, you actually need to cut it up to machine it as the bearing that fits into the standard ball socket is too small and doesn't give you enough articulation in the linkage, so you can't select all the gears properly and the detent doesn't spring back. You also need to modify the angle the linkage arm is welded onto the ball joint cup too
          Actually it is easier and cheaper to buy a new linkage off the dealer!
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by QuattroFever View Post
            The weight would account for the slow engagement but why does it feel so brutal. It goes in ok but it feels like i'm really shoving it into gears. Sometimes makes me worried I could be wearing out something.

Driving hard feels good but if you want to change gears a bit more gently it doesn't feel nice at all. Find myself shifting like a maniac everywhere to keep it smooth...ish.

Can nothing be done during a rebuild to smooth it out?
            Does that disappear if you rev match going up or double de clutch when going down? If so sounds like worn synchros. A couple of cars I have had are quite notchy shifting into first as the synchros are worn (people forcing in into first at 20mph approaching a roundabout etc)
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
            X