Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi RS2 rear differential

Hello!!!

I broke my Audi RS2's rear differential yesterday, previous owner put there V8 torsen rear diff, maybe thats the reason it happened, when I tried to start with launch control.
    Can I put some other car diff there? Or i have to find AZE rear diff (only S2 Avant ABY, RS2) which is deficit here and then my car will stand for a long time :S:S:S

Thanks!!!

What country are you in (as RS2's are very rare in the US..)

Shouldn't be hard to find an avant rear diff over here.

Comment

I've a genuine low mileage rs2 diff if you want it shipped
      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Are you in the US?
        AFAIK you can use a 4.11 coupe quattro diff, in your RS2 casing. You need to swap your existing crown wheel over.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm in Estonia, but previous owner gave me original diff parts which he exchange to V8 torsen's in diff. My diff's body is a bit damaged inside and this ratchet which connected to this crown wheel has a bit damage, can i replace this with some other differ's?

Thanks and sry about my bad english

Comment

I'm sure Rocco can ship his diff to Estonia.

Comment

I send PM, but I'd like to know is it possible to exchange AZE diff parts with other diff ones

Comment

I have s2 avant diff
                85000 miles

Comment

Price???

Comment

By default when a new user signs up it gives them an american profile

Comment

I love your rack
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                        By default when a new user signs up it gives them an american profile
                        SO the the new user should go back into his profile and select Estonia so we know where he is.

As for RS2s in America (on the road), there are maybe 2. You hear about the odd unicorn siting. I think tricks were done to get them in and/or keep them in. Otherwise 1994+25 = 2019.
                        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by jax1 View Post
                          I broke my Audi RS2's rear differential yesterday, previous owner put there V8 torsen rear diff, maybe thats the reason it happened, when I tried to start with launch control.
                          V8 Torsen differentials are notorious for being unable and unsuitable for drag racing, high rpm, clutch drops. They were never designed to withstand hooliganism. They were designed to give the fat berger V8 owners a pleasant and controlled driving experience, most often with an autobox transmission (i.e. in capable of sending massive shock loads to the rear Torsen diff).

You are correct about the AZE rear diff (with diff lock) being an S2 Avant or RS2 application only.
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I had Coupe S2 with 3b engine before with SRE clutch etc. I did heavy starts often with diff lock in and out, but it never broke diff or something. Is this S2 and RS2 AZE rear differential capable for starts with launch control? I know that everything could break any time, still here I've seen many S cars with stock diff, it seems that weaker things are drive shafts or transmission.

Comment

Stock diff is fine, the V8's are weak, they were a fad change but then once Audiman exploded his on the drag strip when realised they weren't really suited to abuse

Comment

Working...
                              X