S2 ABY Outer CV Joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 ABY Outer CV Joint

Can anyone confirm that the outer CV joints an an S2 front to rear are the same? A front one is making a ticking noise and I'm sure it's the shaft as whenever I engage a gear while moving it starts making the ticking noise.

I have two rear CV joints, any idea if they are the same as the fronts? Cheers
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Pretty sure front CVs are larger than the rears.

Is the ticking just in first gear?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm sure they are different sizes having replaced mine earlier in the summer, fronts were larger
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks guys, thought they'd be different, ticking in any gear, upon gear change it goes away and then comes back when i'm back in gear so I'm sure there are no noises coming from the calipers. Doesn't do it all the time either, depends on the road, angle and steering angle.

Guess I need to get myself a CV joint too

May just do both fronts whilst I have the box out when the flywheel & clutch arrive.
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Where is the best place to get these ? Or is it best to buy from Tps

Comment

I've had GSP ones from GSF in the past couple of weeks and they seem OK. No telling of long term quality as they've only been on a few miles.
            Jake

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Will hijack the thread

I'm just up to replace all inner and outer joints to get of the drive noises and plays.

I have already bought rear outer joints and one front - its LOBRO 301 960. I have a problem with getting second front one to make a pair. Someone told me that Lobro ended the production of these, is that true? Is there any quality replacement?

Can someone confirm correct GSP number for Lobro 301 960? Is it 803 001 or 803 017? First one doesn't seems to be a correct replacement because of ABS crown difference.

Cheers,
              Pawel

Comment

stumbeled over this old thread while searching for alternative parts for my ABY Avant ...

The GSP 803017 is according to the GSP catalog the one to use :
                https://www.gsp-europe.com/fileadmin...LOGUE_2021.pdf

Comment

For anyone needing part numbers the following are the correct part numbers for the S2:
                  Front outer: SKF VKJA5261
                  Inner all round: SKF VKJA8005
                  Avant rear: SKF VKJA5181
                  Coupe rear: Spidan 22748

Comment

Also found this post from John B :
                    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...94#post1085794

The pdf doesn't have SKF listed but original OE alternatives and several other

Comment

Working...
                    X