6speed 01e swap in b2 cq ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6speed 01e swap in b2 cq ?

Hi. I have a coupe quattro with an MC swap and i am planing to change my gearbox to 6 speed 01e. Do i need to cut the propshaft or i can use another one from other chassis? how about the driveshafts? I've seen others moved the subframes. I can score an 2.5tdi c5 transmission for good price. It's an AEK code. Do you have any info about this box? Final drive ratio? Thanks a lot
    Attached Files

Originally posted by bn-01-wso View Post
    Hi. I have a coupe quattro with an MC swap and i am planing to change my gearbox to 6 speed 01e. Do i need to cut the propshaft or i can use another one from other chassis? how about the driveshafts? I've seen others moved the subframes. I can score an 2.5tdi c5 transmission for good price. It's an AEK code. Do you have any info about this box? Final drive ratio? Thanks a lot
    Is this for a road car ?

If so then you will also need to change out and modify the speed sensor so it drives the mechanical cable style speedometer in the B2 instruments. I had someone do this recently for a conversion here - needs a small bit of machine work done on the B2 speedo drive to make it fit in the 01E gearbox. I have some pics & descriptions stored somewhere if it helps.
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

It's not cable style speedometer. It has the green digidash, it has a speed sensor on the gearbox.

Comment

Ahhh - ok - perfect then... you should be good although there are two types of electrical speedo sensor - pretty sure the one you already have will bolt into 01E though.
        Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

ok. Thanks a lot. How about the propshaft and driveshafts?

Comment

I am pretty confident the B2 driveshafts and propshafts will bolt onto 01E, but I am not the expert on this one... Others will have surely ventured before you. The propshaft might need to be a different length.
            Paul Nugent

Comment

AFAIK (no personal experience) you can leave the type 85 propshaft on with the 01E gearbox.

Comment

You can keep your propshaft, but you will have to find the right length of the driveshafts from the scrapyard searching between b2 and b3 front driveshafts.

It will be easier if you change 01e output flanges to 100mm units from 016 gearbox with a little shortening from inside to allow flanges go deeper into gearbox. How much? You will see yourself. Then you can use b2 CV joints and driveshaft.
                108mm was a different story as I didn't have that much driveshafts to choose from.

Gear selector? Google motorgeek 01e b3 and read that topic to get the answer. Don't get confused about topic title.
                Last edited by Val; 25 September 2014, 18:29.
                5vtq gte

Comment

thanks a lot for the info guys. I will keep this updated when i begin the swap. Any info of the AEK final drive ratio?

Comment

Gearbox code is by the left output flange.
                    http://quattro.lv/transmission.php
                    5vtq gte

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                      You can keep your propshaft
                      Does the 016 g box prop fit 01e?Why all look for aby prop?

Comment

Because this topic is about b2, not b3.

I have done this by myself. These are not tales read somewhere in the net.

01e and 016 side by side.
                        Last edited by Val; 25 September 2014, 22:04.
                        5vtq gte

Comment

That means all our b2 propshafts will not get to scrap with all the rest of the suspension for the s2 running gear conversions we will do.Thx!!!

Comment

i have build a o1e gearbox in my b2 coupe quattro and the 016 box is longer than the 01e so you need to make a adapter flange for the propshaft
                            for the drive shafts,as they have said,i put the 100mm flange from 016 box on the 01e box but they need a little bit machined for fitting
                            for the driveshafts i have taken the origional one and machined this to fit on the car
                            for the shifting mechanism,i used inside a modified urs4 shifter for 6 speed en adapt the origional shift rod that goes to the gearbox but you need to switch than the balljoint on the gearbox because on the 01e it's bigger than on the 016 box
                            be carefulle with gearratios and diff ratios!
                            i believe that an urquattro gearbox and diff has a ratio of 3.89,a b2 coupe quattro has a ratio off 4.11 and the most 01e boxes also have 4.11. check this !!
                            good luck
                            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Thanks a lot. Maybe u used a 5speed 01e? Probably the 6speed is longer? I have to check my diff code to see the ratio and then buy the gearbox with proper ratio. From your knowledge what would be the best ratio for better acceleration? I know that the RS4 B5 and B7 also use the 4.11 final drive ratio. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X