No announcement yet.

1996 S6 Auto, not finding 3 and 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally i never seen TCM failures on C4 UrS from past 11years.
    only 2 parts i'd suspect is Valvebody and clutch plates.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Bad times. Went through the valve body like a good un and checked everything. Solenoid operation n flow. Then took out and checked all shift valves and assorted other valves. Put it all back. Same probllem.. Gah

Out of interest does anyone know if there should be fluid in the sump that drains when you take the bottom plug out? Mine doesnt drain until the side fill is out as if its all held up in the box under vacccum? It just seemed strange..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi macspring.
        I might be interested in knowing more about the spare gearbox pls if you could pm me thx

Comment

Hi 74,

You must be mixing me up with someone else, as I don't have a spare /additional UrS6 auto box.

Some one else on here may do though. A separate thread looking for one in the Wanted Ads section would be your best bet to ferret out a secondhand autobox, but it will be very risky to be sure that any box found and bought is any use, and good for service.

People can just be focused on the money to be gained from the sale and just lie and condition.

Regards.

Comment

Ah, sorry i misread. Np.
            Yes its a tricky thing buying a box of unknown origin. Cheers anyways.

Comment

I had pretty much similar issues like yours. When changing from P to D was kicking pretty rough. Basically i was only able to run on 1st and 2nd gear. Very rare was changing to 3rd.

This error i found with VCDS:

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: None
              Part No: 4A0 927 156 L
              Component: AG4 GETRIEBE 01F D87
              Shop #: 0260002201
              VCID: 2F670D65ED066D1

2 Faults Found:
              00652 - Gear Monitoring
              16-00 - Signal Outside Specifications
              00526 - Brake Light Switch-F
              29-00 - Short to Ground
              UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Yes, thats sounding the same.
                I get brake light switch error but the lights work and i read
                Its just a thing autoboxes kick up on vcds and to ignore the brake light warning?

What was the solution for yours?

Comment

Did you solve your problem. Im hoping you say yes. It was a bulb!!! Hehehe

Comment

Well, i wish i could say yes but i did actually swapped with manual. This was actually my plan since i purchased the car so i didn't spent much time and money trying to repair the box. I believe, more or less the cost of proper repair for auto tranny is pretty much equal with swapping to manual box.
                    UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

gear monitoring=rebuild time.
                      one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Ooh, what's required for a manual conversion?

I've acquired a spare auto box and will go for a swap for the short term, but longer term maybe it's one to consider.
                        I'll pull my dud box and see what the issue is when it's out.

S

Comment

How exactly are you measuring the fluid level? It has to be done whilst measuring the temp of the fluid and observing the inspection plug hole for fluid expulsion. Not to mention with the car level, at idle and in P!
                          The brake light code always comes up unless you press the brake pedal before interrogating the ecu with VCDS/Vagcom.
                          The other code could be fluid related as well as other undesirable faults such as the multifunction switch or impending gearbox death so it might be worthwhile making sure you have followed the correct procedure as Audi decided not to fit something that has served mankind well through the ages - a dipstick!

Comment

Hi. On a 2 post lift, 4 wheels in the air, level. Filled and run at idle for a while. Then filled bit by bit through the side (inspection?) hole as it will take it. Run up it in d at a bit and back to n and p at idle topping up as oil when its at 36degrees. Done it 3 times, no change. Its no fun now

Comment

It is specified that the transmission be filled level with the inspection hole and sealed then that the gearbox is cycled through ALL the selector positions and held briefly in ALL the positions with foot on the brake and engine idling!
                              Then you go and look for fluid trickling out at the correct temp!
                              How much fluid came out and how much have you put back in?

Comment

Yes, pretty much that. Filled to inspection level run till warmed up and down gears then checked. Its taken about 5l and dropped 5l each time its been tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X