all torsendiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
    No idea, there are two different types of v8 torsens, there are single piece and multi piece ones, single piece ones are stronger.

This thread has some info

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.p...=44913&start=0
    Wow, never noticed that.. I guess here is what they are talking about:

Once piece diff:

Multipiece diff:

Cool.. need to check my stock to see which ones I have..
    www.quattro.ca
    B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
    B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

i think the one piece v8 torsen(diff code axz) comes from a 3.6 v8 with manuel gearbox and a two piece v8 torsen(diff code afv) comes from a 3.6 automatic gearbox
      i ordered my new seals by a local audi dealer and I had to wait 2 weeks before i got them
      the big v8 seal or hard to find and kost by the dealer 52 euro
      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
      AEM W/M injection

Comment

Thats handy to know quattro nick. Does anyone run torsen front & rear have any input in handing? On paper they should be awesome

Comment

The problem with the torsen diff in front is that...during acceleration into a bend, the car will want to go straight. I had torsen in my 016 box with FWD and was ok on straight line..but dont accelerate hard on bends.
          All the best!
          Eugen

Comment

thanks
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
              The problem with the torsen diff in front is that...during acceleration into a bend, the car will want to go straight. I had torsen in my 016 box with FWD and was ok on straight line..but dont accelerate hard on bends.
              All the best!
              Eugen

Hei.

Does v8 torsen fit into front 016Q? (i5 lockable center diff box)

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
                All the best!
                Eugen
                Eugen, maybe it was FWD situation. On 4WD with torsen rear and front in during acceleration into a bend the car wants to turn even more. When I put the front in my front finally stooped to be understrear and car started to be more neutral.

I am very satisfied with the handling of the car now.
                Last edited by Albert; 24 January 2015, 21:01.
                AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Originally posted by RaikAAAA View Post
                  Hei.

Does v8 torsen fit into front 016Q? (i5 lockable center diff box)
                  It still needs machined down for the smaller gearbox bearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                    Eugen, maybe it was FWD situation. On 4WD with torsen rear and front in during acceleration into a bend the car wants to turn even more. When I put the front in my front finally stooped to be overstrear and car started to be more neutral.

Indeed Albert! I was in FWD situation. I never tried this in Quattro.
                    Is good to know!
                    Thank You!

Comment

What are the torsen diffs like strength wise in the front. I know they have been known to break easily in the rear?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

I use'd mine with 276hp chips from MRC for 40k km approx. No problem with the diff or gearbox. I drove hard but not as Albert proper racing though...

Comment

I got all done

Front differential
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/353igpdfn...HO1Q4biXa?dl=0

Rear differential
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dej1s810a...JA6BO8u3a?dl=0

Center differential with 3552 needle bearing thrust plates
                          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h6jnswfiq...4OPEC-1Xa?dl=0

I still looking for .....E or .....F center differential to get more on back wheels. They seem to be hiding somewhere or you need to buy whole gearbox.

After few years I might be able to tell you how they work (If none of the wheels are willing to turn anymore)

Comment

Loads of hot hatches use torsen different up front to good effect.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC
                            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                              Eugen, maybe it was FWD situation. On 4WD with torsen rear and front in during acceleration into a bend the car wants to turn even more. When I put the front in my front finally stooped to be understrear and car started to be more neutral.

did you also try it on normal roads or only on the track? how is it in tighter bends?

Comment

It was tested on tight corners around me garage. No problem on maximum wheel turn when maneuvering around parking lot. Also on hi speed tight bent at ~60km/h the car was handling very good. Did not notice any handing problems.

edit: this is the slowest corner: http://youtu.be/g0_vgJc9ZDU?t=40s - 0:48. Braking from 190km/h to 60
                                Last edited by Albert; 25 January 2015, 16:24.
                                AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Working...
                                X