No announcement yet.

Wavetrac/Quaife rear LSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from which version you go for etc etc.
    Has anyone done a how to fit guide with pre load settings and torque settings?
    I am just in the process of raping a V8 diff for the Torsten unit and building it into a coupe diff housing...

So far all I have done is removed both diff centres and swapped the crown wheels over.
    I need to torque up the crown wheel bolts and then get all the casing cleaned and painted.
    Also are the large diff seals available from anywhere as it looks like I have to get that out to remove the old diff lock dog gear and blank off the diff lock actuator arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Take bearings of your original diff and fit them to v8 one dont mix inner and outer races. Diff lock mechanism can stay in just tie it so it cant engauge. Or if you wish to remove they are still available. Just google the part no. if the main dealer is na. The main drive seal that goes to the propshaft flange is na so dont remove!
      When installing the big seal use the driveshaft flange by pushing it all the way home without the washer inerted in the diff. Then remove flange and insert washer to correctly clear the seal.
      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Bin the S2 diff lock hub etc. Use both V8 flanges, their splines are longer and you get more engagement with the diff. You need to set up the backlash and bearing preload. You do that by installing the bearing outer races without the backing shims, then measure the total clearance with a DTI. That will tell you the total shim stack you need to achieve the right preload. Then you distribute the shim stack behind either outer race to set the correct backlash. I've got the specs somewhere Brian I'll dig them out later on today
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

never liked the idea of dismantling diffs. They give me the heeby jeebys there's something not right going on in there.
          Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

The big diff seal is available from here:-

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/shaf...01020537B.html

Or here if you're not in a rush

https://www.wagner-autoteile.de/CORTECO/01020537B.html

This will give you an idea of what you need to be checking on the re-build

I'll email you the factory manual for the diff whichj will give you all the numbers you need. Good luck
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post

I'll email you the factory manual for the diff whichj will give you all the numbers you need. Good luck
              Hi Andy, could you email the manual to me also? I should check my rear differential for slack. My email is mika.yomaa@gmail.com

Sent from my mobile office
              S2 Avant SleeperWagon 570hv and 765nm on 2,2bar/E85

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
                Well aside from shipping, import duty and VAT you apparently void the warranty if you bypass a UK distributer, so these are things to consider.
                That is a scare tactic. You warranty will never be void and I HIGHLY DOUBT that if a problem arose that the seller would ship the wavetrac back to California on his dime for inspection . Wavetrac has a warranty to the customer.

I have said this before and I will say it again...
                If you are a distributor for a product then the only thing you are entitled too is MSRP minus your cost.There are online calculators to figure this out.
                http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-im...ils/196140683/

Wavetrac LSD is $1395 USD. Average $150 USD for shipping and here is what the online calculator populates:
                Total customs value (CIF): £1071.31
                This is the amount that customs values your import at
                - Duty: £48.21
                - VAT: £223.90
                Total import duty & taxes due: £272.11
                This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
                - Product, shipping & insurance: £1071.31
                Total landed cost: £1343.43
                This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes
                at exchange rate of 1 GBP = 1.54 USD

and that is assuming I put in the correct HS code for a differential.
                If you need a wavetrac do not hesitate to contact me considering I helped bring this particular part # to market
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by QuattroFever View Post
                  never liked the idea of dismantling diffs. They give me the heeby jeebys there's something not right going on in there.
                  Me neither - definitely sorts the men from the apprentices

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post

On my S2 both front and rear diff from fatory had contact pattern was slightly on the heel side. What I understood it is better than having contact inthe toe side as the crownwhel will pull pinion slightly inwards. In this size of bearings not much but in theory. I do not believe the both contacts were wrong from the factory. I got exactly same contact pattern with the torsen differentials in. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kii1oi2dju...40086.JPG?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
                      Wavetrac LSD is $1395 USD. Average $150 USD for shipping and here is what the online calculator populates:
                      Total customs value (CIF): £1071.31
                      This is the amount that customs values your import at
                      - Duty: £48.21
                      - VAT: £223.90
                      Total import duty & taxes due: £272.11
                      This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
                      - Product, shipping & insurance: £1071.31
                      Total landed cost: £1343.43
                      This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes
                      at exchange rate of 1 GBP = 1.54 USD

and that is assuming I put in the correct HS code for a differential.
                      If you need a wavetrac do not hesitate to contact me considering I helped bring this particular part # to market
                      Well I paid £1201.19 so I'm not complaining
                      RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                      RS2 - LHD on the road again
                      RS2 - reduced to component parts
                      RS2 Saloon replica
                      A4 1.8T
                      BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                      sigpic

Comment

18.309.160WK is this the part number for the rear of an s2 coupe?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X