No announcement yet.

UrS6 - Failing Clutch Symptoms ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See if the spring on the pedal assembly has broken - that could have been your “pop”
    1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
    1995 90
    2011 A4 Avant
    1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

20180201_154405.jpg

20180201_154452.jpg

20180201_163408.jpg

Originally posted by Grillage View Post
      See if the spring on the pedal assembly has broken - that could have been your “pop”
      Spring looks to be good to me apart from being covered in yellow grease.
      Can't see anything obvious broken, but it's not easy to see everything down there.
      Attached Files
      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

It may be hard to spot.

A good head torch and the seat fully back and be prepared to contort your head backwards onto your floor mat.

You'll see that the RHD pedal box is raw metal welded up / pretty crude design. It's not strong enough to last when a certain level of clutch presses has been reached on our cars' ages now. It would not have failed forAudi when tested back in the day, but they may have predicted it with CAD these days, not much use to us now but just sayin......

It sounds like you probably have my issue. It is fixable but awkward.

Best wishes.

Comment

Will take another look today. Hit my head on steering wheel more than once yesterday So i need to be looking up in the spring area to find any potential crack
          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Might have to start a new thread...

Had a look this morning but couldn't see any cracks. Started my journey fine and gradually began to notice it was getting harder to change gear and clutch pedal is now even closer to floor and not returning as it should.

Stopped at a junction and you guessed it couldn't select 1st or any other gear for that matter.

So currently awaiting a flatbed for recovery.

The fact i now can't select gears is making me think something else is wrong. Master cylinder?
            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Given the grief you're experiencing right now, and to fix it, I'd just replace both master and slave cylinders and bleed all the old fluid out and bleed the brakes also, and then you could / should be golden.

The recent 'disaster' does sound like a cylinder, but as mentioned, I'd do both as they're both tired assuming one of them has not been replaced in the last four years.

Comment

Trying to remain positive, S2 has come out of hibernation early this year . So first i think i'll change the master cylinder and go from there.

Assuming it's either a master/slave cylinder fault i think a clutch change is also on the cards to prevent any more hassle down the line.

At this point i'm really just hoping it's not the pedal box, as it's well outside my capabilities to sort myself by the sounds of it.
                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X