Tyres on a 7.5J avus rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres on a 7.5J avus rim

Does anyone know if you can increase the tyre width from 205/55/16 to 215 or 225 on a 16''Avus rim?

Cheers
    sigpic

I have a set with 225/50/16s on, they work fine, more rubber on the road and about the same diameter as the 205/55s. Look pretty fat and more difficult to scratch the alloys as well

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Would it be ok to run 225/50/16s on the rear and run the stock 205/55/16 on the front
      on my avant, as i am worried about problems occuring with the diff.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc
        Would it be ok to run 225/50/16s on the rear and run the stock 205/55/16 on the front
        on my avant, as i am worried about problems occuring with the diff.
        You will be absolutely fine although you may get a little more understeer..

I just checked the size in the calculator, HERE and they are within 1 mm of each other in diameter.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

can u run 215/55/16?
          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

My friend Philippe with his S2 Avant has been running on 225-50/16 tires ever since he's had the car and no problems whatsoever. Definetly gives the car a "wider", more poised appearance...
            Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by stevieyid
              can u run 215/55/16?
              Yes but your speedo will show you doing slightly faster than you are actually doing.

I also run the 225/50/16 and feel it better all round
              Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
              S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Swapping from 205/55-16 to 215/55-16 would actually make the speedo show a slower relative speed than before - the tyre covers more ground per revolution. It won't be a big deal as the change is very small. Better to choose sufficiently wide tyre to allow a reduction in sidewall percentage, resulting in the same sidewall height. As long as the clearance allows (which it does judging by the other posts here) the 225/50 is the best option!

__MDC__
                Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Working...
                X