someone explain!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone explain!!

Help!!When looking for alloys what offsets do i need to fit the s2?Also the measurements such as et35 and 5x100 where are they taken from?
    many thanks
    dean

nothelle n300,alcon brakes,sachs suspension kit,lots still to be done!

You need wheels with a 5\112 pcd and the offset is 35\37mm if you use a differant offset
    you need spaces .the bigger the offset the further the wheels will be under the arches.
    eg et48 use a 10\15mm spacer this will bring them back out again.you can use wheels which fit other cars eg mercedes but these use a differant centre bore ,you can use spigot rings to alter the bore .The S2 has a bore of 57.1 please correct me on any thing.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nothelle300
      Help!!When looking for alloys what offsets do i need to fit the s2?Also the measurements such as et35 and 5x100 where are they taken from?
      many thanks
      et35 (well et37 to be pedantic) is the offset. Increase the offset and it moves the wheel into the arch, decrease it and it moves out the arch.
      5 x 100 (TT, old A3/Golf etc) is the bolt spacing and not for the S2, S2 needs 5 x 112 (S2,S4,S6,S8,A4,A6,A8,Allroad, new A3 and new Golf)
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Too slow again
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

so the offset doesnt really matter as you can change that using spacers, but they must be 5/112 pcd???Guessing the 5=5stud so what does the 112 mean???
          thanks for the help!
          dean

Comment

112 is the spacing of the holes not sure in what relation though.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nothelle300
              so what does the 112 mean???
              Draw an imaginery circle through the centres of all the bolt mounting holes on the wheel, the diameter of this circle is 112mm and is known as a "PCD" Pitch Circle Diameter.

So at a glance you can see if another wheel will fit your application if you see 4/108 it won't fit because it has 4 bolt holes on a 108mm PCD.
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

Always wondered about that one cheers.
                sigpic

Comment

great thanks guys for all your help gotta decide now though what wheels!Oh one more thing is it possible when having a wheel balanced to define wether it is seriously buckled or not, and is it possible to have them repaired successsfully?or cheeper just to get new wheels?
                  thanks again
                  dean

Comment

Nothelle, rule of thumb as you increase the wheel size you need to change the offset of the wheels

these are the minimum offset you should be looking at

16" standard = 37
                    17" = 35
                    18" = 35 (very rare to get an offset between 30-35 ideally you'd want 32-33)
                    19" = 30

Comment

Originally posted by Corey
                      Draw an imaginery circle through the centres of all the bolt mounting holes on the wheel, the diameter of this circle is 112mm and is known as a "PCD" Pitch Circle Diameter.

So at a glance you can see if another wheel will fit your application if you see 4/108 it won't fit because it has 4 bolt holes on a 108mm PCD.

What about 5x100 -> 5x112 can you use something to convert these (other than redrilling?), like a reducer, I only ask the silly question because I've actually established that I've got an Oz/Oettinger type M modular 500 series wheels fitted to my Nothelle. all specs I can find say they're 5x100 pcd (only bolt bore has an inner plastic sleeve)so I thought that was maybe the thing that altered the pcd.
                      I'm guessing you need something fancy to exactly measure the pcd ?

Comment

The inner plastic sleeve is called a spigot ring, this allows a larger spigot bore on a wheel to fit onto your hub.
                        Unless your hubs have been redrilled to match the 5/100 pcd (you would know by looking at the hub on the car as it would have 10 holes instead of 5 but in truth I would say your information is incorrect and they are 5/112. Although some wheels (aftermarket) have both PCD's drilled into them so that 1 wheel can cater for 2 different cars.
                        All proper quattros have a 5/112 PCD.
                        Corey
                        01636 822288

Comment

I would say 30 is a good offset for 18 x 8s I have 35s and they're a bit tucked in looking, need 5mm spacers. Try and get the right offset though if you can, spacers are a pain in the harris and if thick can be quite expensive by the time you've got the new bolts and done all 4..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

I run ET30's in 18" form and agree its a nice mix
                            Attached Files
                            Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                            S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

My 18x8 RS6 reps are actually ET33 and sit just about perfect.
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                              X