This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel/Tyre Size Calculator & S2 Sizes

I have been looking at fitting wider tyres on the front of my coupe for a while, similar to what MTM did to reduce the under steer.

Im trying to work out if I can fit these without needing spacers on the front and also found a decent tyre size calculator seems to work pretty well.

Here are the results I got, Ideally would like 255's on front and 245's on the back but depends on how close the tyres will be to the track rod. currently I have 225 45's all round
    Attached Files
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Going to be tight mate, the S8 alloys with 245 tyres fouled the steering arms (ask Quattronutter)

It's going to come down to test it and see but expensive test. Lee managed it so i can't see why it can't be done.

Comment

yeah, he used 29mm ofset on the front, mine are 35mm as stock but probably about 31 or 32mm with the AP brake bells fitted since they are a bit thicker than stock. Reckon it will be pretty tight. got a feeling that when I got them they were fitted with 255's and they fouled the steering arm. 245's might be an option though
      Greg

Comment

i have 255/40 fitted all round and the only trouble i found is on hard cornering hitting the arch guards oh and the headlight washer bottle!
        dean

nothelle n300,alcon brakes,sachs suspension kit,lots still to be done!

Comment

what size wheels are they, offsets etc?
          Greg

Comment

their 17x9" rim but im not sure of the offset sorry!Will have a look later on think its stamped on the back somewhere??
            dean

nothelle n300,alcon brakes,sachs suspension kit,lots still to be done!

Comment

cheers, might be a way of doing it after all
              Greg

Comment

erm

you know the car you are on about that they put wider tyres on the front are you not sure its the actual wheels were bigger or smaller on the front than the back 17 s on the back and 16s on the front... this is the only time ive seen one with different sizes on the front... canny imagine this would do your transfer box much good though,,,
                and hey tryed the left foot on the brake pedal works quite well..

Comment

well looking to have wider tyres on the front, so wider foot print on the ground but comparable rolling radius.

rims are all 8.5" wide 17's at min
                  Greg

Comment

Nothelle, did you manage to check the offset on your wheels?
                    Greg

Comment

I have 245/35/18 front and 225/40/18 back Conti sport contact 2
                      at the front the tire touch the arch on heavy carving and are only 4 mm from tie rod.

it's one realy good upgrade that make the car so much more neutral with the neuspeed RS4 rear ARB 19mm.
                      It help the car to turn in on tight curve and you can come out with litle sideway and lot of grip if you add a rear torsen. no more inside rear wheel spin

It feel much more safe, if i come to fast in a curve I can turn very quick steering wheel and just touch the brake a litle that put the car sideway and make me loose lot of speed and can step on throtle ride away to exist quick.
                      RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Finaly start to handle as good as my old Subaru.

I was realy disapointed in the begening with this cheap 4WD set up from audi.
                        I thought my Subaru had a lot of understeer but that was nothing compare to the RS2.
                        RS2 on OEM set up is almost imposible to make turn in you come realy fast in to a tight curve on a bumpy road.

I'm still missing a good handbrake with a system that deconect rear wheel drive when you pull it like OEM on Subaru.
                        RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

What offset and width are your wheels?
                          Greg

Comment

Wheel/tyre measurements thread

Could someone make this a sticky...

Can someone post up all the standard wheel/tyre measurements for an S2, and then give all the possibilities for aftermarket wheels & tyres?
                            Its a bit of a laborious question but I can't find definative answers anywhere, and it could help stop having threads like "Will these fit", and instead have a quick chart of data saying what will and won't fit!

Cheers in advance to whoever can answer this,

_phil
                            ...ever since I floored you I knew that I loved you!

Comment

I don't have an S2, but I can give you a couple of wheels and tires I have had on my car. Dimensions are the same for the Coupe 20V(with 5X112 hub conversion) and S2.

BBS Avantgarde Wheel 5X112 17X8 ET32
                              Tires - Michelin Sport Cup 245/40X17
                              Toyo T1R 255/40 X17

B5 S4 Avus Wheel 5X112 17X7.5 ET45 w/8mm lip spacer.
                              Tires - Toyo T1S 225/45X17
                              Michelin Sports 225/45/17

NuS6 Wheels 5x112 17X8 ET35
                              Tires - Toyo T1R 255/40X17
                              Contis 255/40X17

Greg W.
                              They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
                              X