Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try your rear wheels at the front and see if it makes any difference

Comment

I agree, i dont understand how it works, i mean how does it measure the weighting when its all bolted to your suspension

I have seen crappy OMP brake disks with a C shape bit of metal stuck in one the cooling vents, apparently the factory stuck them in to balance it

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten
      I was thinking brake discs too but I see mcandmar beat me to it! However I think that idea of balancing wheels on the car to balance out everything else is a lot of cr@p to be honest, if it was that bad something really needs fixing!
      __MDC__
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar
        I agree, i dont understand how it works, i mean how does it measure the weighting when its all bolted to your suspension

I have seen crappy OMP brake disks with a C shape bit of metal stuck in one the cooling vents, apparently the factory stuck them in to balance it
        those clips are the norm for balancing those sort of discs, AP racing do the same on there discs to balance them since there can be differences with each casting and it doesnt affect the strength of the disc as machining would do becuase it would alter the grain structure.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

@ Volcano, Tried that today, The judder went up to around 70. Then came home, went out again and it was back down lower again. It's got a mind of its own????????
          Dark Grey Avant
          RS2 FARB
          Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
          Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

CHeck either the strut top mounts or do you have a sticking brake caliper? With the caliper sticking one wheel will be hotter than normal and can give a shake or 2. As you have checked everything else.
            Corey
            01636 822288

Comment

BTW you are conducting this test on the same piece of road every time, yes?

__MDC__
              Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

@ Keeper - Yep. A nice quick part of the A5 which I can get up to 70 on
                @ Corey - Cheers I will have a check. Under braking conditions if the wheel judder is there it happens even more under brake pressure. If it is not there then there is no judder under braking?????? Strange but true
                Dark Grey Avant
                RS2 FARB
                Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Right then - Front wheel judder sorted just got the rear to do.

Solution was ----- Change the tyres! I had a set of new tyres kicking around in the shed so I thought that I would get them put on to see if it helped and hey presto it did!!! No judder from the front at all now. CHEAP C****Y tyres that came with the wheels no good (P.s. had the one that was eggy sorted too) still getting it from the back end but that still has cheap nasty tyres on it. Time to save and get some new ones then........
                  Dark Grey Avant
                  RS2 FARB
                  Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Had a similar thing with the S6 when it was sat on the drive for a week waiting a couple of new bits, ended up with a mysterious judder turned out the tyres had kinda got a bit flat spotted so to speak just sitting with the weight of the car on them, once they had been warmed up and cooled down a couple of times the wobble went away

Iain

Comment

Working...
                    X