wheel wobble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel wobble

I have put my s4 wheels on but i am experiencing bad wheel wobble at speeds above 50mph. What can cause this? Is it a case of just getting my wheels balanced or do u think the spacers are the culprit? Its soo frustrating cos they look so good
    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

50mph wobble is typical for a badly balanced wheel, Get them balanced.

Do your spacers locate properly on the hub and in the centre of the wheel? If so they should be fine.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

I have tried to line them up as best as possible but was thinking they might not be right. May get a pro to fit them for me i think.
      3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

I have had a wheel wobble ever since fitting RS4 18" on mine. Still haven't got to the bottom of it 3months later. Going to try a different set of wheel next.
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Not had any wheel wobble problems with my standard avus wheels, so annoying

Comment

Very very likely to be a not-properly balanced wheel. Go back to a different tyre shop and get all 4 wheels re-balanced. I hope for your sake that it's just an operator error or a badly calibrated machine, or that a balancing weight has fallen off, and not either a faulty tyre or a warped alloy...
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Buy some hubcentric spacers from BAZ C.
              You can't have an S2 rolling around on wheels that are not located properly.
              my2p
              Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
              England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

If the spacers are made from 10mm plate and dont have any hub location on as Bry says then get some proper ones for it. If they are already like this then try re-balencing. Did you put the tyres on? new ones?
                Last edited by martinjs; 27 April 2006, 01:51.

Comment

The tyres were alrady fitted when i got them. I will get them rebalanced and fitted properly if this does not help then i will get some hub centric spacers from BAZ C. Does he do 10mm cos he didnt list them on the thread. Cheers

Comment

You must have location between the wheel and the hub, the bolts will not locate the wheel properly, you could go over a bump and knock the wheel off centre, maybe even have a wheel come off. If you have a friendly machinist you could have some locating rings made up and your spacers machined to take them. Or just get the hubcentric spacers.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I have S4 wheels on my 95 S2, no spacers, no rubbing, nothing.. that's my bit..
                      Missing her lots!

Comment

Took mine to my local mechanic to fit it all up properly. Took the spacers off measured and no problems at all. So im not using spacers now

Comment

Cool, and no wobbles?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X