No announcement yet.

Tyre Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a pair of p8000 and they last me a whole 3500 mile not bad if u ask me
    1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
    1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
    1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
    oh and a polo for work.

Comment

Originally posted by SR71
      Bibby used to have a green MTM'ed S2 Avant (the kind that BRY likes) but he's ******ed off north now....at 117mph.

Mine is grey with 19" RS6 rims and red Boxster S calipers.
      Has Bibby sold his car?

The brakes are really nice

Which type of Kuhmos were they J? They make a few different grades, don't they?
      Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
      England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Bibbys car was at qr sport on saturday engine problems i think.
        sigpic

Comment

It's having the top end rebuilt again (under warranty) with another cylinder head. Hopefully get it back soon, have hardly seen it all year. My Citroen AX is doing me fine for getting about... at least when the roads are dry. When it rains, it goes where it likes.

J, I'm coming down to Cardiff this wekend for the Mardi Gras! Top fun.

If you buy an RS6, I'll just scream.
          acidtrax

Comment

whos the warranty with? whats wrong with top end?

on subject of tyres, the outside of my tyres always wear out. underinflated or crazy driving?
            ABY Coupe
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ski
              on subject of tyres, the outside of my tyres always wear out. underinflated or crazy driving?
              Crap tracking?
              Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
              England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

tracking done 4 times by demon tweeks and its perfect.

when i said outside, i meant both edges of both front tyres. the centre of each tyre seems to have good tred *scratch brain*
                ABY Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

inside and outside edge wear is normal i think for an s2 due to the amount of grip these are the obvious places you are going to scrub the tyres of tred
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ski
                    whos the warranty with? whats wrong with top end?

QRSport. They rebuilt the top end for me at the end of last year, but the head was cracked.

My front tyres wear heavily on the inside, but that's down to the camber setting.
                    acidtrax

Comment

SR-71...

My mates spotted your car at the DL (their there everyday- hes got a chaved up black focus, pretty loud). They were out looking for them the day after I took them out, totally obsessed with them!
                      ...ever since I floored you I knew that I loved you!

Comment

Just back from Le Mans.

1570 miles in 4 days.

BRY,

No idea on the Kumho's. Got them with the RS6 rims from TripleX @ Worcester.

My rims are scratched to f**k now but like I said got 20K out of the tyres.

S2_Ant,

I paid £400 for the new set of tyres.

I could have got them through S2 Forum for £360 but it meant driving to Shrewsbury to get them fitted.

Wasn't worth it in the end. I did discuss getting new rims like we talked about but in the end I couldn't find anyone who wanted the 19's I had.

There is a local guy here in cardiff who refurbs alloys for £25/wheel and hecomes to your house to do it so I decided it was going to be easier to get new rims that way!

Bibby,

Give me a ring mate.

I'm off Sat & Sun.

Ski,

Try inflating your tyres more. I'm going to run mine even harder and see if that compensates for the accelerated edge wear.

Great in the dry but you just have to be a little more careful in the wet.

If the wear had been just the inside edges, then I'd say it was camber.

S2_PTH,

I'll give Flossy a ring and if Bibby is around we can get together at the weekend.
                        00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
                        08 RRS TDV6 HSE
                        03 Kawasaki B2 ZX12R 1287cc

Comment

Cool, sunday before 3pm would be good, although its my 21st that day! Flying out to spain from cardiff at 8pm, so not too late in the afternoon!
                          ...ever since I floored you I knew that I loved you!

Comment

Working...
                          X