3b alloys with a difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3b alloys with a difference

Came across these wheels on German eBay. Got to say I rather like them. They are 17s and price around £1800 not the cheapest but they look the part , people’s thoughts on them ?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I like them, love the 3b rim would be nice to see them with tyres on.
    Should handle some bigger brake options as well.

Untitled.jpg

Comment

Its a yes from me They look really good. So you going to get them or just window shopping at the moment. Wheel hunting can take some time and the price is a big thing. They are strong money & you have to price in rubber yet.

Comment

They look ace , is there a link ?

Comment

They’re very nice

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

A fair 'ole chunk of money:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284191724...cAAOSwnBdgMVDU

Were always my favourite stock wheel, being split it makes it just a bit better.

Comment

They do look very nice, have always liked the 3b alloy. Link here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284191724...cAAOSwnBdgMVDU

Strange that they have the original 3b part number on them. Wondering if they are made from a chopped up set of original alloys?

Comment

Yep, almost certainly, or maybe a re-casting of the centre portion, which is totally doable on a small scale these days.

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
                  Its a yes from me They look really good. So you going to get them or just window shopping at the moment. Wheel hunting can take some time and the price is a big thing. They are strong money & you have to price in rubber yet.
                  I wasn’t looking for new wheels but they have got me thinking but they are expensive. Would love to see them on a s2 to get the full effect

Comment

Always I'm thinking about some 17" madded from this wheel or urS4 ones
                    photobucket SUCKS
                    sigpic

Comment

They are original wheels cut and drilled to convert to 3 piece splits. Very common on the vw scene mk1 mk2 golfs etc

Comment

Liking them, it's like a wee nod to the Speedlines of the S2's predecessor !

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                          Liking them, it's like a wee nod to the Speedlines of the S2's predecessor !
                          Yeah! Best of both

Just need them to re-make the centre on 4x108

Comment

Does that mean that you would still struggle with bigger brake upgrades like the original 16 inch wheels ?

Comment

Looking good Think they will look good
                              https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X