Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Et 42?

Hi,

Just checking - will the following fit my s2 coupe?

225/40/18 5x112 ET 42

Cheers!

Andy
    S2Forum.com Administrator

the inner lip'll be getting quite close to the struts...
    but should fit...
    u could always run some 12mm spacers or so...

Comment

ET37 is stock on the S2 and you can go OUT to 30 without rubbing. Going IN to 42 i would expect you'll be rubbing something so def spacers required

Cheers
      David
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Ahhh... so if the ET number increases, the wheel "goes in"? E.g. an alloy with ET30 sticks out more than one with ET42?

Youve both mentioned spacers, im assuming these compensate for the higher ET and push alloy out?

Cheers
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

thats it remember if you're using spacers to ensure the bolts are long enough....
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

If you have big brakes this can be a pain too and you will need to space even further.

I am using 15mm H&R hubcentric spacers with A4 ronals ET45 225/45/17. They clear my larger front brakes but are quite close to the suspension strut.

I could have done with 20mm or maybe 25mm to really fill the arches and be extra clear of the susp. but they're fine no rubbing on hard cornering brake/accel.
            Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

I'm running 225/45/17 ET 42 with no rubbing whatsoever on 3B Coupe..

Comment

I am running 225/45/17 on my coupe on a 17x7.5 rim, et is 35 but i am running a 15mm spacer on the rear so they are et 20 now with no rubbing issues. If i were you i would run a 10mm spacer on the front and between 10 and 20mm on the rear to fill the arches.
                Ragusa Coupe gone!
                sigpic
                VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

42 + 10 or 12mm spacers will be about right.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

i've got some oz futuras 17x8.5 et 20 front and rear....
                    not quite driving yet as the car is under construction, but almost done...
                    and they seem to be fine, and they're barely clearing some 996's.....
                    but they are pretty even with the arched, arches are rolled quite nicely so we'll see......

Comment

Working...
                    X