No announcement yet.

19s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure wot pads they are doug , fitted by last owner.if i get the wheels off ill av a look , or i will try and find receipt for them. absolutly no vibration or problems at all. agreat set up that really does pull up very very well. all credit to last owner.
    ako

Comment

mmmmm found receipt for all brake stuuf etc, but no reference to make of pads .sorry. parts were obtained through dialynx tho.
      ako

Comment

Jee - zus! Doug's wheels ARE big! Makes me wonder what my 8.5" x 20" S8 hoops will look like when I've fitted them. Not the sort of choice I would have made in terms of tyre size (255/35 ZR 20) Continentals, but I got them brand new with the rubber, so I guess I can't complain. Don't realy feel like buying new tyres now anyway!

Comment

Out of interest, Doug, what wheels are those anyway? They look the same as my S8 20's, but I thought VAG only made that style in 18's for the TT / S3 and for the A4's, with 20's for the A8's. 19's seems an odd size...

Comment

Originally posted by Vagsport
            Out of interest, Doug, what wheels are those anyway? They look the same as my S8 20's, but I thought VAG only made that style in 18's for the TT / S3 and for the A4's, with 20's for the A8's. 19's seems an odd size...
            They are replica RS4 wheels, that's why they are 19s.

They also have the fitments for golfs/TTs etc - 10 holes so when I work out how to get 21s in a can sell them on easier

People that have seen the pictures and then saw the car reckon they look more impressive in real-life. I would mind a picture of a standard S2 next to mine - that should highlight the difference.

Can't wait to see the 20s - have you tried them on an S2 to see what they look like? Are these 20" 6 spoke avus style or the 9spoke RS4 style?
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

They are S8 alloys, think they are the same style as the RS4's. My car is 4x108 PCD, got a set of S2 (5x112) hubs to go on. The wheels won't go on untill I have cut wholesale chunks of metal away, and fabricated new rear tubs and wide arches (Sport quattro style) to accommodate them. Still waiting for my custom height adjustable coilovers with Bilstein dampers...

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                They are replica RS4 wheels, that's why they are 19s.

They also have the fitments for golfs/TTs etc - 10 holes so when I work out how to get 21s in a can sell them on easier

People that have seen the pictures and then saw the car reckon they look more impressive in real-life. I would mind a picture of a standard S2 next to mine - that should highlight the difference.

Can't wait to see the 20s - have you tried them on an S2 to see what they look like? Are these 20" 6 spoke avus style or the 9spoke RS4 style?
                Doug Fabulous S2.I have never seen one with 19's before i now VAGSPORT talking about 20's?:wacked:
                Well anyways great job,i assume this would be the same for an Audi 80 sedan right?
                Any rubbing?
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD
                  i assume this would be the same for an Audi 80 sedan right?
                  Any rubbing?
                  Not sure about the 80 sedan - I expect everything is much the same I got rubbing on the front with ET35 wheels - I got 5 mm machined off the front ones so they are ET40 - Is till get something rubbing under hard braking - I will roll in the arches a bit to try and stop this.
                  S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Doug

I had the same problem and fitted a pair of rubber based shocker movement limiter pads, 18mm each side. These are rubber pads with a hole in the middle for the shockabsorbers moving axis (Idontno how to callit) and they have a slit on the side so just push the on with a little force. No plastic scrubbing since.

Gabor
                    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

19" alloys on s2

Hey dudes, just put 19,s on my avant with no rubbing problems at all. maybe it will when it gets lowered! wish id bought 20" though! REDROCKET newbie.

Comment

Hey Doug, just a quick note to say your s2 coupe looks stunning. i wish id bought a dark colouir like that instead of red (slowly turning pink!)

Comment

Got any pics Mr Rocket?

Cheers,

Steve
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Aah, the slowly turning pink phenomenon on the S2...
                            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
                            X