No announcement yet.

Need some tyre recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought my second set of Goodyear F1 Assymetrics, I love em.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Those proxes 4 aren't the best. I use www.tyretest.com to look at tyre ratings. The I have Michelain PE2s on the BM and I think there are better tyres, especially given their cost.

A mate ran the T1Rs on his VX220 and has changed to KU31s, another mate on his 318IS and he didn't get them again. Shame as the T1S was supposed to be a mighty tyre, as was the F1 GSD3 when they made the smaller sizes.

I'm with Newsh, F1 Asymmetric, worth a little more £ for a quality product.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

as i say budget not withstanding i'd go with them too but need to find the conpromise on cost versus performance at the moment
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

KU31s, plenty of friends swear by them for their balance of performance and VFM.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

might just give them a go, had good experience of Kuhmo's on the avant in the past
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by QuattroFever View Post
              toyo proxies. T1r up there with the best at el cheapo prices... If u dont mind spending a few extra pennies. Pirelli pzero rosso's are poss. THE best tyre in the wet IMO. Theres better dry weather tyres for sure but theyre an excellent all rounder. Very progressive and predictable on the limit. The T1r's i found to be either good grip or no grip in the wet...but dry will see off the pirellis. Some swear by goodyear eagles but ive not tried them.
              PZero Rossos were the best tyres i've ever had. Bridgestones take second place.

Currently using Goodyear Eagles but they are 16" instead of 18" so i cant really compare them to the above two. They feel like jelly donuts with half the grip
              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I am looking for ew tyres for the avant, 225/40/18. I currently have Toyo T1S on it but they've worn badly on the inner edges probably mostly due to a tracking issue which has now been sorted.
                I've been looking at Falken FK452's and ZE912's. Another option were Kumho Ecsta 712 but the ones I've seen on ebay seem to all quote extra load 88W. I thought this would be a contradiction in terms. I thought extra load would be at least 92 upwards. Am I wrong with my interpretation of the load rating?

Anyone any experience with the above tyres. Interested to hear views on which Falken is the better. Or are the Kumho's a better tyre?

Thanks

Alistair

Comment

Working...
                X