9x18 ET38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9x18 ET38

Will a 18x9" ET38 wheel go on my S2 with a 225/40/18 tire without rubbing?? It has green H&R springs and KONIS on it... Dont really know how mutch it´s lowered though. it has 8x18" ET 35 now with 235/40/18,s and no issues. but i want some german style stretch on it and a little dish so i´m thinking of getting some lemans replicas for next summer and they only come in et 38.

Thanks for any help.
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Yeah i would say no problem.
    Ragusa Coupe gone!
    sigpic
    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

I wouldn't say no problem, ET 38 will clear the arch but fowl on the steering arms IMO

You'd need like ET 35 with rolled arches for safety and it will be tight on the inside but should be o.k

For a reference ET32 with 18x8.5 clear the steering arms but need the arches rolling

Comment

ill have to get the measuring tape out then=)

Comment

Yeah, I can foresee problems with the steering arms running an 18" x 9" with a 38mm off-set. Personally I wouldn't want to go wider than 8" but 8.5" maybe a good compromise and 'should' just clear the steering arms.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

so which size 18's fit perfectly?

Comment

Imo 18" X 8" Et 32-35
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

the thing is, i already have 8x18" ET 35 and i think they look well lame. i want more width, like a german style golf=) thin tire and wide rim. but i don´t want to overdoo it. but the wheel i want is only available in 8 or 9 inches wide.. but if you all say it will rub wit a 9 inc then i wont bother. ill get some 5mm spacers or something for the wheels have got now, or buy the 8" lemans and space them out.

Comment

It can be done but it's not a simply case of buy and fit them, some work is going to be needed

IMO to make the above work you'd need the front arches rolling anyway for 9" alloys to be on the safe side and then use 5mm spacers and it will be ok on the front.

May need 5mm for the rear as well.

Comment

I would say you may possibly need a thin space to clear the steering arm then run a 225/40x18 to get the stretch and the arches shouldn't need a tweak. Possibly on the front but the back has stacks of room. I run 17s on the back with an et of 20 and i still have room in the arches. Its also as low as i can go. The avant is slightly different but 9s or even 10s on the rear of an coupe should be easy!
                    Ragusa Coupe gone!
                    sigpic
                    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

if you put spacers up front and not rear, it will understeer MORE

so if you space out front, do rear also, and the other way around..

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

if i space anything out it will be all 4.

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
                          if you put spacers up front and not rear, it will understeer MORE

so if you space out front, do rear also, and the other way around..
                          Common thing to do on the S2 by tuners is to run wider front wheels to combat understeer.

Why would using spacers upfront make it understeer more as this would have the same effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            Common thing to do on the S2 by tuners is to run wider front wheels to combat understeer.

Why would using spacers upfront make it understeer more as this would have the same effect?
                            More width on front-end than rears

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
                              More width on front-end than rears
                              Nope still not with you

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6140

Or the RSR S"

Comment

Working...
                              X