Clear All

My 225/45R17 on 8J rim fits with some light massaging of the wheel well
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Ditto

Mine too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Tyre choice

I ve got 10x18 and 9x18 going on my Audi Swb conversion . Any pointers on tyre size choice

Comment

Depends on how the wheels will sit. Stretch or no stretch? Any fender issues?

I'd try something starting 225 in width for the fronts 235 for the rears.

Comment

Tyres

I m not into the stretch look , I ll order some tyres Monday and see what the look like . Thanks

Comment

Try this site: https://tyrestretch.com/
              There are pictures with rim width and tyre combinations, so having some graphic material will sure help

Comment

News

Good news bad news time 235s are super stretched on the rears 225s never got fitted on the fronts .

Thinking I should have gone 255/40/18 rear

Comment

A lot depends on tyres too, some stretch like wild, some don't look stretched at all.

Here's a table with recommended sizes, the values are Optimal, Min and Max rim width.

Comment

Tyres

Still going in the tyre selection decided to go with 225 40 18 on the front 9x18 the 235 looked too big but look too small on the back if I go 245 you think I should drop the profile to 35 ? Sorry for all the questions

Comment

That's a good question, not sure how the center diff tolerates different sizes
                      Try this link: http://www.willtheyfit.com/
                      When I was measuring my tyres, I simply used the "old" as front tyres, and "new" as rear, ant tried to find the diameter that was the closest.
                      Hope this helps.

Comment

Says to use the same size tyres to get the same rolling radius ?? But you d have thought a 225 on a 10 would be slightly lower due to the stretch

Comment

Well 235 40 18 on a 10inch is visible bigger a 225 40 is the same rolling radius but too stretched ��

Comment

Has anyone run the 205 on rear/225 front setup at all? Is it something you'd recommend?

Comment

Something to consider is insurance invalidation if you have an accident with wrong size tyres on rims

Comment

Working...
                              X