No announcement yet.

Wheel Hub Studs for RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apologies - just had a quick search on this. Those Porsche ones will be correct. Audi tradition show a new hub with studs

You'll have to remove the hub to fit a new stud even if you get the old stud out.
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Yes I expect you will have to remove the hub to fit a new stud as there won't enough clearance to get it in.

I'd want to tackle this off the car with hydraulic press.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys.

I think there will be clearence. This is the front wheel. I go ahead and order the porsche ones then. Dont know which size though. Anyone who knows?

45mm wheel hub stud (£4.25)
        52mm wheel hub stud (£5.85)
        66mm wheel hub stud (£5.95)
        72mm wheel hub stud (£6.50)

Thanks again!

Comment

I'm now chatting live with a rep from http://www.design911.co.uk/.
          Odds for them knowing is about 1000, but I give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by Latz View Post
            I'm now chatting live with a rep from http://www.design911.co.uk/.
            Odds for them knowing is about 1000, but I give it a go
            "Unfortunately we dont have that information"

I just knew!!

Comment

Originally posted by Latz View Post
              Thanks a lot guys.

I think there will be clearence. This is the front wheel. I go ahead and order the porsche ones then. Dont know which size though. Anyone who knows?

45mm wheel hub stud (£4.25)
              52mm wheel hub stud (£5.85)
              66mm wheel hub stud (£5.95)
              72mm wheel hub stud (£6.50)

Thanks again!
              Take the wheel off and measure it? If you can see the backside you should be able to confirm it is pressed in.
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

hi

I had the same problem as you - I got mine from design911. I pressed the hub out fitted the new studs and they were fine I only had to machine them down as they were a bit long.
                '83 URQ - Full 20V Conversion - Pearl White
                '85 URQ - 20V Conversion - White
                '88 URQ - Nile Green - SOLD
                '95 RS2 - Ragussa Green
                '95 S2/RS2 Coupe - Blue
                '00 B5 RS4 - White - SOLD
                '01 B5 RS4 - Black

Comment

I replaced at least one of these on my RS2 back in 2008, both front and rear, I think.
                  My receipt from the Porsche dealer (Autozentrum) says part# 90133167101, and that is a 72mm one.

Did not have to remove the hub. Can't recall if I knocked them out, but don't think that I did. Probably rigged some kind of clamp to push it out.
                  Will post if I all of a sudden remember how.
                  Installing them was a matter of pulling them into the flange.

Remember to use a little aluminum paste on the studs, in order to prevent the magnesium nuts from seizing. Porsche recommends this.
                  1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                  1994 80E Avant
                  1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Thanks again for your inputs.
                    I removed the wheel, caliper and disc today to measure the bolt and to see if I could knock the bolt out with some help from WD 40. It did not move and I did not want to put more force to the hammer. In the process I managed to find my outer mid doorlist which has been lost the 2 last years. Apparently they are impossible to get hold of as well, so that was my xmas miracle for this year.

If some of you want to know, the bolt is 55mm from top of head. Diameter is 14mm.

I've attached two pictures showing the misabused stud. Embarrising really. It's all my fault and my lack of patience trying to remove a stuck and rounded wheelnut with a drill

Good news now is that I managed to thread on a steel nut and I will get it MOT approved before deadline this month.

Espen: Bolt partnumber 90133167101 you have looks more correct than my suggestion 993341671 (very similar numbers though). It seems like 90133167101 have a longer section without threads making room for the disc. It could also just be the angle of the bolt on the pictures that are different.
                    I will order that one in 52mm (probably measured from the shoulder of the head since it is 3 mm shorter than my measured one on the car)

My plan to remove the stud: Instead of order a G-clamp that dont exist in most norwegian hardware stores and press it out or remove the hub, I will simply cut the bolt and drill a hole close to the diameter of the bolt. I'm sure I will be able to knock it out then.

Thx
                    Attached Files

Comment

Oh yes it looks like there's space to pull a new stud in. I reckon if drill 3/4's of the way through the stud with as big as drill bit as you dare to use without damaging the splines in the hub then put a punch in the hole and give it good whack it should distort slightly and start to move.
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Quite possible that I had to cut down the 72mm stud. Seem to rememember now that the Porsche dealer only had that length in stock.
                        Still trying to remember how I got the old ones out.
                        1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                        1994 80E Avant
                        1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Is the 52mm the correct size then? I need to order a few studs myself

Comment

Thread update needed peeps what length studs do we need from the choices above, seems like 52mm but not sure

Comment

Working...
                            X