7" and 8" Boleros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!!

Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 16 January 2015, 16:56.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Cheers Vorsprung, obviously I can't take the credit as I did none of the work but I am the proud owner I was supposed to be selling these but dont know if I can let them go as I have a Cabby project in the making and I dont know if I will find another set again, from what I have read they only made 250 sets of the 8J's in 4 x 108.

Thanks putting my pictures up again, I will hopefully get the hang of this forum soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKMIDGE View Post
        Cheers Vorsprung, obviously I can't take the credit as I did none of the work but I am the proud owner I was supposed to be selling these but dont know if I can let them go as I have a Cabby project in the making and I dont know if I will find another set again, from what I have read they only made 250 sets of the 8J's in 4 x 108.

Thanks putting my pictures up again, I will hopefully get the hang of this forum soon.
        No problem at all. You can take the credit cos they're yours and look very nice indeed. Blimey where did you find them. I have read similar too.
        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

They were on a 1994 2.6 coupe, bit tatty with broken s2 front bumper and a few weeks mot left, had to go to Devon to fetch it, only bought it for the wheels but will get more than my money back on breaking the rest of the car. I have been refurbing and selling Boleros for last 2 years and never seen an 8J in 4 x 108, saw advert and checked German Ebay where they were asking 1500 Euros for rough sets, so went for it. I reckon they are forged as well, they must be nearly half the weight of the 7J 4 x 108's but I cant find any information on the web to confirm this.

Comment

Not read the full thread, but from reading the last few posts, you'd be mad to sell them.

Hen's teeth......

Comment

Originally posted by MARKMIDGE View Post
              They were on a 1994 2.6 coupe, bit tatty with broken s2 front bumper and a few weeks mot left, had to go to Devon to fetch it, only bought it for the wheels but will get more than my money back on breaking the rest of the car. I have been refurbing and selling Boleros for last 2 years and never seen an 8J in 4 x 108, saw advert and checked German Ebay where they were asking 1500 Euros for rough sets, so went for it. I reckon they are forged as well, they must be nearly half the weight of the 7J 4 x 108's but I cant find any information on the web to confirm this.
              Yes i have seen your adverts on ebay selling Boleros.I saw a decent set about 6 months ago on ebay de reach £900 whatever that is in Euros. I would be interested to know the weight.Could you weigh a wheel for me? In return i can weigh the ordinary version.

I have fishing scales and a net so it's easy to do if you have similar or a friend.Let me know.

Cheers Mark.
              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Just weighed one, with not completely accurate fishing scales and looking at around the 11kg mark, seem to remember the last time I sent some bolero's to Germany they weighed about 12kg so correct me if I am wrong. If they are lighter and an inch wider then maybe of a different construcion?

My refurbed 7J's sell for between £800 to £900 in Germany, I have just listed a set on Ebay here which are actually in quite good nick with a little kurbing for £600, prices dictated by what they would sell for refurbed in Germany and Ebay fees etc and the fact they do seem to be getting very rare now.

Anyway, back to work, off to strip a leather interior from a 2.8 Quattro A4 B5 for someone to pick up today, no rest for the wicked!

Comment

No rest for the wicked.It's a hard life.

Thanks for weighing the wheel.11kg for your wheel is good in bolero terms. I just weighed a decent wheel 7J 17" et 37 from a final cabriolet that hasn't been refurbed so still polished lip and it weighed 22lb 14oz on Avon Dial fishing scales which converts to 10.4 Kg rounded up. I can't remember the mark or phrase used but there is something stamped on the wheels that denotes forged as opposed to the normal cast wheel. The forged mark might be a diamond with writing inside but not sure.
                  Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 15 February 2015, 01:48.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                  X