Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S8 alloys

Hi
    Please can someone advise me if the 18 inch s8 alloys bolt straight on and do need mk1 or mk2 wheels

Many thanks

Both fit but you need spacers.
    10mm spacer or 15mm.
    I use 15mm and they're spot on with the arches. Some prefer 10mm on the front but i've never had a problem either way.

Comment

Cheers fella just need to find a set what size tyers do you have fitted ???

Comment

225/40R18 are correct for an S2.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Harris1 View Post
          Cheers fella just need to find a set what size tyers do you have fitted ???
          As mentioned. 225 40 18.

Comment

Thanks all for your help cheers

Comment

The original S8 wheels, 4D0601025N, were/are 8J x 18 ET48.

The S2 Avus wheels, 895601025M, were/are 7.5J x 16H2 ET 37.

So to get the outer lip of the S8 wheels out to the same spot as the outer lip of the S2 Avus and to move the inner lip of the S8 wheels away from S2 strut, you need a spacer that takes into account both the difference in the ETs (=11 mm) and the wheel widths (0.25 in (6 mm) from center). Clearing the strut with the inner lip might be more important than the outer fender lip.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I used 15mm all round with 235s, just cleared.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the great advise chaps

Comment

Speaking of Avus, anyone run C5 S6 17" version on their car?
                    I have a chance to get a set locally and thought it would be a nice upgrade to the 16" version.
                    www.quattro.ca
                    B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                    B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Great knowledge in this thread...can anyone please let me know what maximum width tyre will work without the spacers?
                      Currently having issues with upsizing my rims to cover the new Porsche calipers.
                      Cheers
                      Sean

Comment

You can't run them without the spacers. They will foul the suspension
                        sigpic
                        "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                        BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                        1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                        2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Originally posted by rj scotty View Post
                          You can't run them without the spacers. They will foul the suspension
                          Correct answer.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance...are you both saying that in order to upsize the rim diameter from 16 inch to 17/18 inch I will require spaces even if the tyre width is still 205?

Comment

on my s2 i ran 8x17 and 8x18 iirc et35 with no spacers. never a cleareance issue on either.

ran 225 45 17 and 225 40 18

on the narrow arch b3 saloon im not sure yet. they are a lot closer to the arch edge.

Comment

Working...
                              X