Wheel fitment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel fitment question

Hi all, just seen some wheels for sale and I'm very tempted as long as they will fit. I have a 3 b coupe withe original alloys but they have corroded so much I often have pump up the tyres cos they leak around the rims. I would like to get Porsche cup 3 alloys, but do they fit straight on? The rears are 9j x17" and the fronts are 7.5 j x 17" . Will these fit ok? Thanks

Stud spacing is the one to watch

Comment

I can't find any info on PCD at the moment

Comment

If they're Porsche fitment they won't fit.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

I have seen Porsche wheels on the s2 before. Have they also replaced the hubs to accommodate different PCD ?

Comment

Porsche wheels tend to be in the ET 45-55 range with a PCD of 5 x 130, Audi S2 wheels are ET 37 with a PCD of 5 x 112.

So there is room of hub adaptors if you pick the right offset/width wheels.

Alternatively you can get get good copies of the Porsche rims in 5 x 112 with the correct offset which is probably the more satisfactory solution as staggered size wheels and quattro isn't a great mix unless you have a very good reason for doing so and in that case you'd most likely want the wider ones on the front.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Ok thanks, does anyone have a set they would sell or something similar? I'm eventually going to get bigger calipers so 17-18" is a must. Thanks all.

Comment

Cab = 4x108 PCD
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                X