Theiving toe rags!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theiving toe rags!

I've just noticed that I've had my silver valve caps nicked for the third time in a week! :mad:

Can anyone suggest a way to stop them being nicked? Other than rigging them up to the mains!:eek2:

I've tried the type that you use a little spanner to tighten them on with, but it didn't make a difference.
    ex '93 Avant owner

Suggest to your jeweller that they leave the hallmarks off on the next set ?

Comment

I hate to say this but I have given up, I just cannot be arsed with replacing them every two to three days or so as my car lives on the road and I have not found a solution that prevents them walking. I have a set for shows and the like, but to be honest I usually forget to put them on.

Steve
      Avant. Stock.

Comment

The little f@#kers round my place nick them off my car when it's parked in the drive - If you have the caps that have a hex head , try a small spot of thread lock - you should be able to get it off with a spanner but the little f@#kers won't get them off with their little thieving mits.

HTH
        Doug
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I think I'm just going to get some scabby black ones and keep some silver ones for "special occasions"

All I can say is that there must be an awful lot of push bikes round my way with nice shiny chrome valve caps!
          ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I had mine knicked too - I've just given up on the idea. Scum.
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Thes add a nice touch of class I think. I wonder how long they'll last? There supposed to be theft proof. ie you put them on with a little screw in the side of them and then remove the screw to allow the top part to rotate freely. In theory it sounds like it will stop the opportunist thief, but only time will tell.

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Sidspud, what wheels are those? Do you have a full size pic?

Oh and for those valve caps the little blighters will prolly just angle grind them off..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

EASY!!!!
                  put a little dullop of dog sh*t on the caps and then at least if they do go missing you have had the last laugh!

no on a serious note there are some caps on the market that fit flush with the rim and you insert a special adaptor that you get with them for checking air pressure etc
                  when fitted you have to look for the caps as they just look like part of the rim.

the other alternative is a bit more money and hasstle to say the very least Get a set of rims were the valve's are inside the center cap or even inside the rim!

have a look at these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

or have a look here these are the flush ones I FOUND THEM AT LAST!!

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/w...ories_168.html

you tried looking out to catch the little fu*kers?
                  i know this is not as easy as it sounds but can be a brillant way of getting your old caps back!!
                  hope you get it sorted

Comment

They are BBS RX - 18" x 8 - Cost me a fortune and they're scuffed stupid!

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Working...
                    X