No announcement yet.

urs4 s6 tyre size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overhang Mac,don't you mean the built in rim protector?Some tyres have them some don't. The S6 plus specks are 8J same width as your S8 D2 alloys and look fine on the 255 40 17 goodyears.

Agree with you on the 19" rim being to big.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
      Was thinking of 245 40 17 or 235 45 17 for my next tires.
      The OE Size for the 17" OE Boleros was 245/40/17. When I put tires on my new Boleros on the UrS4 V8 avant, I went for 235/45/17 tires because they have a slightly taller side wall which makes it easier going over parking lot speed bumps (raises the car a few precious mm's) compared to the 245/40/17s which are actually shorter than the 225/50/16s.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        The OE Size for the 17" OE Boleros was 245/40/17. When I put tires on my new Boleros on the UrS4 V8 avant, I went for 235/45/17 tires because they have a slightly taller side wall which makes it easier going over parking lot speed bumps (raises the car a few precious mm's) compared to the 245/40/17s which are actually shorter than the 225/50/16s.

What brand of 235 45 17 did you go for?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

What brand of 235 45 17 did you go for?
          I went Continental Extreme Contact DW. (not DWS) (website photo, not my wheels)

Comment

I went Continental Extreme Contact DW. (not DWS) (website photo, not my wheels)

Happy all round?

Comment

Happy all round?
              Happy enough. They are purposely only Dry and Wet not Snow. So I only run them in the Spring to mid-fall and then put on the proper winters. I don't push the car too hard in the corners but they seem to hang in there well.

Conti had a $65 rebate at the time so that helped with the decision too.

Comment

Happy enough. They are purposely only Dry and Wet not Snow. So I only run them in the Spring to mid-fall and then put on the proper winters. I don't push the car too hard in the corners but they seem to hang in there well.

Conti had a $65 rebate at the time so that helped with the decision too.
                Cool thanks.

Comment

VDT - The "overhang" refers to the fact that the tyres are a bit donut like on the 8" rim, rather than any rib of rubber around the side of the tyre to protect the rim.

Dave, after seeing your photo showing 245 width, I went out to my own Euro UrS6 saloon and the flap says 255.

So the Euro cars have a wider tyre spec than was specified for the US. Everyday is a school day for both of us.

235/40/18 on an 8" rim is the most sensible combination, but I don't always follow the sensible path.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                    Dave, after seeing your photo showing 245 width, I went out to my own Euro UrS6 saloon and the flap says 255.
                    That is likely because the 17" wheels in question in your case are the S6 Plus variation of the AVUS wheel that it is a ET40, 8J x 17H2 and 5 x 112, with build tag code C7U, and PN 4A0601025N, as fitted to the late run UrS6s, at least in the UK.

Comment

They are as per your photo.

Still have two sets stored, and a third set on a Touran.

While the S8s are great, the S6+ 17" also look good on a C4.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                        VDT - The "overhang" refers to the fact that the tyres are a bit donut like on the 8" rim, rather than any rib of rubber around the side of the tyre to protect the rim.
                        Mac in my experience driving with 255/40 17 17" X 8J Plus specks doesn't feel sloppy at all if that's what your referring to with the "donut like" effect you mention? On the Goodyear asymmetric 2's they feel superb.If thats what you mean imagine how the RS2 felt on it's 17" x 7J standard alloys with the standard 245/40 ZR 17 Dunlops.
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

That is likely because the 17" wheels in question in your case are the S6 Plus variation of the AVUS wheel that it is a ET40, 8J x 17H2 and 5 x 112, with build tag code C7U, and PN 4A0601025N, as fitted to the late run UrS6s, at least in the UK.
                          S6 plus gas filler flap sticker:

This is the 141M S6plus sticker, showing, as Boxflares (RIP) had suggested, the 17" tire size on an S6Plus was 255/40/17. I had once fully expected to find that the 4A0601025N "C7U" S6plus Avus was ET35 to accommodate this extra tire width but no, the wheel is still 8J x17H2, ET40. Hmm...

Photo courtesy of Petu from Estonia on the S2 Forum.

REFERENCE:
                          Gas flap sticker trivia: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/283380.phtml

Comment

Found this thread, since I'm going for a rim/tyre upgrade.

I settled on the A8 R18's (7-spoke), Swing I think they're called. They are 8Jx18 ET48. What spacer would be better, 8mm to get the standard ET40 of the native R16 rim, or just go for 10mm for ET38?

Also, what tyre dimensions would be better, 235/40 or 245/35? The first option increases the wheel diameter by 13mm compared to 225/50 R16, while second keeps it about the same. 255 seems too wide for an 8J rim.

Mine is lowered on Eibach springs & KYB shocks.

Has anyone got these with 18z calipers? Visually, I think they should fit over those.
                            Last edited by RichLV; 12 April 2017, 15:49.

Comment

Working...
                            X