Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I mix 235/40/18 and 225/40/18 tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks gents. After posting the question about the actual tyres I went off and started digging.. and the more I looked the more I realised that these T1Rs don't look so good. So i'm going to forget them.
    Seems it's time to bend over, ask the nice man for continentals and take the humping
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

yep. I was browsing a TM yesterday, there is a tire test in it and the Toyo's result was sort of in with the chinese....

Comment

yeah, exactly. I was stunned. I had Toyos in my head as a decent brand, but to see them in with the Linglongs was a bit of a shocker
        1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by Nj View Post
          yeah, exactly. I was stunned. I had Toyos in my head as a decent brand, but to see them in with the Linglongs was a bit of a shocker
          I put a set of T1R's on my Ur a few years back. Having read up on them, they seemed the tyres to go for but after a few miles with a set of 4 fitted, I wasn't so impressed.
          I'm running PS3's now, and in my opinion these are far superior...... FWIW

Comment

Well that definitely clears things up. If you had a set previously and weren't impressed i'm definitely going to give them a miss. thanks mate

the PS3s sound good. If only my brother hadn't been so selfish as to stop working for Michelin years ago I could have been getting cheap tyres.
            1990 CQ20v

Comment

If you're looking at budget tyres try Maxxis. I've had them on a couple of cars (not S2's) and they have out-performed some of the better known brands. Tread depth is massive on them, which is why the drifters appear to love them. They last forever if you're doing motorway miles.
              91 Modded 3B
              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Thanks Steve. I'm not really aiming for budget tyres. Just had it in my head that Toyos would be good and saw an advert locally for a set still in cling wrap. My local tyre guy was just telling me about Tyfoon Successor 5s, made by Continental. He says they're amazing for the price. About €120 per tyre fitted (18").
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                X