wobble bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wobble bolts

what are people's opinions on wobble bolts to fit 5x114.3 wheels to a 5x112 car

yay or nay?

It's a no from me!

It just doesn't seem right

Comment

Well....
      Attached Files
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Seen them used hundreds of times perfectly fine. If they were never named wobble bolts they'd probably have done a lot better sales wise lol it's only actually the washer on the end that moves.. I'd use them if I had them lol

Comment

Sam, the name does make them sound a bit ropey!
          Personally I think why fit something that doesn't really fit?

.......I have no experience of said bolts BTW.

Comment

I've used them before as have friends without any issue
            S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Snap....the wobble bolt nickname does them no favours and most people who have never used them say sounds like a bad idea, and tbh id agree with not using anything that wobbles!

But they dont, they merely shift the taper and threaded part of the bolt so that they are eccentric thus making an adjustable eccentric bolt. Now we all know that the vertical load on the wheel is taken by the hub centric aspect of the alloy sitting on the hub and the driving force is taken care of by the clamp force generated by torquing the bolts ie alloy to hub. So the bolts are basically just providing the clamping mechanism.

Ive used happily before, no issues and would happily again. Just my 2 cents.

Al

Comment

do you have any places you'd recommend for them?

and what car/wheels did you use them on al?

Comment

They should be OK. What I did was have all the hubs drilled and tapped to allow use of both patterns. Best of both worlds?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have thought about that but its not an option at this time, maybe in the future we will see which is why I was thinking about the wobble bolts instead

Comment

Working...
                    X