Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piotr View Post

I never knew that you could use RS2 spec to set up geometry on S2
    The way I'm looking at it is that the S2 alignment spec was based on 16" rims with 205/55/16 and so the alignment specs for the RS2, a sportier car, should be better as the oem spec was based on 225 ( 245 )/45/17 tyres on 17" rims.

I'd suggest an 8 x17 rim with 235/45/17 or 225/45/17 ET 35 and fine tune the poke on the rims with spaces if you feel the need to.

A nice rim would be the UrS6+ rim as seen on a recent thread on the renovation of Red ABY Coupe on here. Another rim to consider would be an Avus six spoke rim from C5 S6. Verify the ET to make sure the final result can be made to be 35 if it is not already 35.

Boleroes in 8 x 17 format may suit or 8 x 17 Audi 5 spoke shiny alloys in the style of 18" Audi Fat Fives. Not sure of their Audi name, someone may know and have a link or a photo ?

Ths thread in the Stickies section of the Wheels section may help.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25314

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83535

There are other threads in the Wheels section that are worth a quick read through.

Comment

This is the rim I had in mind in my previous post.

Can't put the photo into this thread.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/...6.phtml#345006

Comment

arnt they an old tt wheel? if so pcd will be 110 i think
        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Don't forget, S8 Avus weigh more than the sun, so your unsprung mass will have changed a lot from the original setup

I've run 17s for years and while not 'comfortable', they are at least bearable and that's with HnRs and Bilsteins.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I run 17" Audi S4 Avus with 15mm spacers, they're not too far off the original Mk1 Avus styling.

Comment

It's certainly the weight of 18's which affects performance. If you can afford light weight 18's they are probably not much worse than standard 17's. The tyre weight needs to be considered too, as they weight 11+ Kg's for 225/40/18
              91 Modded 3B
              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

can second that.

my s2 ran 17" bbs rs2 and the 18" bbs rc i had were lighter . the weight is a factor but the heavier wheels tend to handle the poor northern roads better.

now run on the b3 saloon s4 17" with no spacers. 225 45 on back. front tbc as im tyre size testing.

Comment

I think decision is made and it will be -17" for me.
                  I like them wheels
                  IMG_9721.jpg

Comment

But the guy from wheels shop said -avoid replicas wheels

Comment

I run S8's and i run them no bother...I'd be interested to know what material the spacers are made from as my first set were steel which gave the ride you described but now run ally ones are fine...
                      I can't go less than 18" due to the size of the brake rotor....

Comment

Originally posted by piotr View Post
                        I think decision is made and it will be -17" for me.
                        I like them wheels
                        [ATTACH]63374[/ATTACH]
                        dont mean to be purdantic but those are 18"s (the guy with that coupe has the same brakes as me)...but the BBS are a sweet wheel...

Comment

I don't mean to be "purdantic", it's pedantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                            I don't mean to be "purdantic", it's pedantic.

Comment

So who wants to buy my wheels then

Comment

Certainly worth getting some decent brand wheels, although that usually means secondhand, which means they may have flat spots and will almost certainly need a refurb... There's no easy way really.

Replicas are heavier, as they haven't been designed but copied and so they beef them up as the material isn't usually as good as the original brand. BBS, OZ etc. will design a wheel to hold the weight stamped on them using the material specified and so tend to be lighter compared to a replica; they're also usually finished better.

Look at Sparco Asseto Gara (by OZ) and Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2. Both offer 7.5 / 8 x 17 wheels that are good quality and relatively lightweight.
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X