new to forums, 2nd time round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to forums, 2nd time round

i joined many years ago, but sold all my audis (foolish i know) and i guess my old account went due to lack of use...

I hope it counts for acceptance here, but have just purchased a UR quattro with a s2 20v 3b conversion

Jason

Welcome back Jason!
    You’d better get some pics up.
    Consider yourself accepted!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, welcome back. Once an Audi fan, always an Audi fan.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Will that do? Yes that is me looking remarkably chuffed

Comment

Welcome back to the fold Jason.

Really looking forward to seeing you make this your own.

There is still a few forum Ur’s around down south but they are getting scarce.
            To complement yours and John’s image, here’s ours back in the summer.

85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Welcome. Can see why you've been re-smitten!

There is something magnetic about these cars, which also means they can rust. Hence the battle; and the glory of success!

Q: Only if those are 15" wheels, could you please say something about your (non-OEM?) front brakes?

Don't know if one of these (below) might have influenced the other, but boy they sure knew how to draw cars back when pencils and clay carving knives were perhaps all they had. Nowadays they mostly look like extrusions, sausages, suppositories; or worse.

Lancia Delta Integrale Screen .png Jason-s UrQ.png

Comment

Ah the brakes... They are wilwood and under 15” wheels. I’ve not looked at them in great detail yet. Not sure if they were just replacements for the Audi callipers when they went NLA or were a specific swap. I hope not the latter as they don’t feel better than I remember, coming from stock on my previous quattros - but I have been driving a 2010 van for the last 10 years and they do ‘stop’ look like they been on there a long time and from memory are a pretty decent brand. Will likely swap to the more standard (rs2?) upgrade in the future... lots on the list before that day though.
                Last edited by jason_m; 26 November 2020, 08:50.

Comment

The RS2 front calipers won t fit under the 15" wheels. I have boxster 2 .5 calipers that do and you use 100 Quattro discs. When my car eventually comes back from paint will be fitting it all up. There is a thread here somewhere on the conversion. You need custom brackets as well.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Back Jason. Am I right in thinking you had the gorgeous S2 Coupe in a dark red/purple colour apologies forgotten name of colour!

Comment

Ooh that sounds like a colour and a half, my mind is wandering now... Unfortunately it wasn’t mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                        The RS2 front calipers won t fit under the 15" wheels. I have boxster 2 .5 calipers that do and you use 100 Quattro discs. When my car eventually comes back from paint will be fitting it all up. There is a thread here somewhere on the conversion. You need custom brackets as well.
                        Very handy to know, will dig that thread out and have a read. Thanks for that info.

Comment

Lhasa green, rare.
                          I'm pretty sure I saw green injectors in a pic of the engine bay. Is that the case?

Comment

I haven’t even got as far as the engine bay yet (other than fixing the bonnet release and a few minor touch ups.)

Where did you see the engine? Was it from the original ad on car & classic? I think the engine is fairly standard for a 20v, I will spend some time under there at some point, but I have a lot more pressing things to sort. Like finding a somewhat iffy pipe on the fuel tank. Enough that you got a face full of fumes when you opened the boot! New tank is down the road being de-rusted and then lined.
                            Last edited by jason_m; 1 December 2020, 17:10.

Comment

So I did have a look at the injectors, and I’m surprised it’s running at all - they are mixed... yep, you read that right. Another job for the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X