No announcement yet.

Hello from Surrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just used eurocarparts sensors IIRC, been fine for years now.

What was the actual code given when you flash tested it? 512 (I think....) is given when the engine is not started, and will always be there, so it may not be the fault you are chasing.

Comment

Best of luck. Hope you will get more information from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
        I just used eurocarparts sensors IIRC, been fine for years now.

What was the actual code given when you flash tested it? 512 (I think....) is given when the engine is not started, and will always be there, so it may not be the fault you are chasing.
        Only the 2111 code, so that didn’t help. Interestingly a bought an adapter to plug into the two sockets under the dash for my obd2 reader, and that came up with G28 sensor not working, wasn’t expecting it to come with any codes at all!

is there a G40 cam position sensor on these 7a engines?

Comment

So G28 is the speed sensor, reads the flywheel teeth, that will come up any time the engine is not running, so you can ignore.

There is a cam position sensor, except it is in the dizzy, the hall effect sensor, unsure if it is called the G40 or not (just can't remember off the top of my head).

Comment

As said, G40 is the dizzy hall sender. It will throw a code if there's a problem normally. I would check and double check timing and go from there.
            Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X