No announcement yet.

Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, I love a bargain. She's a saloon, ABK engine. The non-running issue was the ECU relay. Popped a spare one in and away she went. She was pretty tatty so I've been picking away at jobs, brakes, suspension, rear axle rebuilt, stainless tank straps, new fuel lines, etc, etc. She's getting there. I've been thinking about engine swaps but if I can get more out of the 8V I'd go with that for now. I have a set of R1 carbs kicking about​​​​​​​. Where would I get my hands on a fast road cam?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 7 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabozza Richie View Post
      Aye, I love a bargain.
      Agree, I paid similar for my tdi estate.

You've done some good work to keep it ship shape, did you just get the axle bushes from your nearest motor factors or did you set out to get a specific brand? What difference did it make to the car?.......just asking 'cause I'll be replacing mine soon.

Comment

Hi John,
        Thanks man, she's a work in progress. They were just motor factor bushes. The originals had nearly 200k on them, the rubbers more or less fell out of their shells. What a difference though, drives like a new car... almost

Comment

This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

A week after I bought her in July 2017 my wife, daughter and I drove from Morar to Dover to see my Granny (610 miles). The 80 never missed a beat apart from blowing the exhaust 20 miles from Gran's house. Ramp made from offcuts found in her shed, bean tin and jubilees got us home
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabozza Richie View Post
              Hi John,
              Thanks man, she's a work in progress. They were just motor factor bushes. The originals had nearly 200k on them, the rubbers more or less fell out of their shells. What a difference though, drives like a new car... almost

Comment

Working...
              X